itemID issue after editing profile

16 years 8 months ago #42079 by mbajames
Replied by mbajames on topic Re:itemID issue after editing profile
Can anyone share how to do it in the currently released version? My homepage has plenty of information that gets overwritten and I would rather be able to tell it to go to a static page.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #42080 by mbajames
I have figured out how to do part of it. If I modify line 750 in comprofiler.php I can get redirection to a set page upon a user "saving" changes to the profile. Still nothing with regards to how to stop going to Itemid=1 when cancel is used.

For anyone who may want to know the first part, I replaced [code:1]"index.php?option=option=com_comprofiler".getCBprofileItemid()[/code:1]
with [code:1]index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=123[/code:1]
the new page it references was a static content page I made to provide a different location to say all changes were made without it overwriting my maincontent on the front page.

Any help available with the cancel button sending to itemid=1 is greatly appreciated.

Post edited by: mbajames, at: 2007/08/05 02:57

16 years 8 months ago #42081 by mbajames
OK..I figured out the rest. For anyone who wants to know, to get the "cancel" button to redirect to a set page rather than itemid=1, there is a change that can be made on line 263 of comprofiler.html.php.

Change:
[code:1]index.php?option=".htmlspecialchars($_REQUEST).getCBprofileItemid()[/code:1]

to

[code:1]"index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=123"[/code:1]

Again, this is a direct link to the static content page I had created to show the profiles.

So, between the last two posts I made two static pages. One for "update" and one for "cancel". The cancel one does not show the profile, but for the business I am using CB for (mainly for integration with Account Expiration Control) it works. So long as the [code:1].getCBprofileItemid()[/code:1] is removed and not put back in it will work. If that code is placed back in it will reset it.

If anyone has a better fix, please share. Regardless, maybe this will help someone.

Post edited by: mbajames, at: 2007/08/05 03:20

16 years 5 months ago #50424 by goodman123
Replied by goodman123 on topic Re:itemID issue after editing profile
cb 1.1 is still having the problem onjoomla 1.0.13. that is, when a user is editing the profile, everyhting comes to the frontpage.

16 years 4 months ago #52451 by Folkbear
Replied by Folkbear on topic Re:itemID issue after editing profile
it seems that this problem only arises when accessing the profile through firefox, coz with IE 7 this problem does not arise...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn