Login across subdomains

15 years 8 months ago #69225 by jjreicher
Login across subdomains was created by jjreicher
I am trying to set up cb so that logging in to my website logs in across all of my websites subdomains. In other words, when someone logs in at example.com, I want it to be universal so that the person can also navigate at subdomain.example.com and is already logged in.

I have seen posts about it on joomlapolis, but no solutions that I have been able to successfully implement.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #69346 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Login across subdomains
you probably need a multi-sites component which is compatible with CB...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #69348 by jjreicher
Replied by jjreicher on topic Re:Login across subdomains
solved my own problem. go to joomla.php, around line 900, change the cookiename from 'live_site' to some constant text, anything works.

15 years 8 months ago #69414 by beat
jjreicher wrote:

solved my own problem. go to joomla.php, around line 900, change the cookiename from 'live_site' to some constant text, anything works.

Cool, thanks for sharing.

Yes this works for login if the main domain name is same.

However you still need a method to replicate registrations and user profile edits ?

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #69501 by jjreicher
Replied by jjreicher on topic Re:Login across subdomains
depends on what you're doing. i'm using one database, not true multi-site joomla, and for this purpose the hack is useful.

one big problem i just discovered!!! unfortunately, it does not seem to work in firefox, only in IE. any ideas as to why?

must be something about the way firefox deals with sessions...

15 years 8 months ago #69661 by beat
maybe '/' as live_site in that cookie ?

or the generic domain yourdomain.com , assuming you got www1.yourdomain.com and www2.yourdomain.com

I'm not a cross-sites cookies expert, but it's true that browsers have different security-levels regarding this.

Maybe someone else can reply here as well ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn