User's can't login

17 years 9 months ago #15165 by andyjh122
User's can't login was created by andyjh122
Just installed CB 1.0 on Joomla 1.0.9...

my admin user can login to the Administration area, but not the main site with CBLogin.

Created a new user from Administration site, that new user can't login...says invalid username password...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #15197 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:User's can't login
andyjh122 wrote:

Just installed CB 1.0 on Joomla 1.0.9...

my admin user can login to the Administration area, but not the main site with CBLogin.

Created a new user from Administration site, that new user can't login...says invalid username password...

Wierd... Our testteam tested CB on 1.0.9 before 1.0.9 got released, and i just retested, all fine here.

Try unpublishing the polls module (has a bug in 1.0.9).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 9 months ago #15220 by andyjh122
Replied by andyjh122 on topic Re:User's can't login
Disabled Polls...

Looks like first login works, but after session times out re-logging in is broken...it doesn't say bad login, just redirects to original page with CB Login showing username, password...

However...looks like the Who's Online counter increases with every failed login...so something's happening there...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Andrew

17 years 9 months ago #15223 by andyjh122
Looks like it's an IE 6&7 64-bit thing...

works on 32-bit IE...

17 years 9 months ago #15253 by andyjh122
sorry, take that back...ie 7 32-bit worked, but ie 6 32-bit didn't...i cleared the cache on the browser...

it looks like a user doesn't get logged out when the browser is closed...or the session never times out..

some more information...if i log on with user1 say and user1 is already logged on, then the guest count on who's online goes up on, if login with user2 and user2 is not logged in then the member's online goes up one.

but CBlogin still remains in the unlogged in state and the Registered menu items do not appear either...

this is only on the web front end...the backend admin always works...

is there someway i can troubleshoot this?

Post edited by: andyjh122, at: 2006/06/14 01:52

17 years 9 months ago #15371 by jmjacobson
Replied by jmjacobson on topic Re:User's can't login
Same problem here, can not log in.
No user or even admin can login using the CB Login. It was working last week but taking two times to log in, but now cannot log in at all. But the who's online is showing me logged in each time (if I try to log in 10 times it shows 10 registered users), but not able to access the registered members area or see the user menu, logout button or anything else.

Just updated my Windows XP to 2006 V.4 - could that be the problem? But my users are also telling me they cannot log in as well. Have tried everything and getting very frustrated and do not know what to do at this point but redue my entire site as I am currently loosing out with this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn