"request connection" empty link

17 years 2 months ago #29477 by vebmoore
"request connection" empty link was created by vebmoore
I recently installed cb on my joomla site and was able to "request a connection" with another user. However, after that one connection, the link no longer functions properly!!?!? I cannot request any more connections. How can I fix this? I've tried overwriting my plugin files cb_menu, cb_core, and cb_connections with the originals from the download ... to no avail. i am stumped. please please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #30839 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:
vebmoore wrote:

I recently installed cb on my joomla site and was able to "request a connection" with another user. However, after that one connection, the link no longer functions properly!!?!? I cannot request any more connections. How can I fix this? I've tried overwriting my plugin files cb_menu, cb_core, and cb_connections with the originals from the download ... to no avail. i am stumped. please please help.

Well, you can have only one connection between any two users. Did you try with another user ?

Another possibility is that there is a Javascript conflict between CB's connections and your template or another "smart" module you installed.

Try switching to Joomla default template to check or to unpublish suspect modules.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 3 days ago #35714 by ebonyleg
Replied by ebonyleg on topic Re:request Connection Not working
I too have the same problem. The requesr connection use to work but it no longer works. I tried using the default joomla template but it does not work either. Any Help?

17 years 3 days ago #35716 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:request Connection Not working
ebonyleg wrote:

I too have the same problem. The requesr connection use to work but it no longer works. I tried using the default joomla template but it does not work either. Any Help?

the same problem ...

the same questions ...

Please specify exactly what your perceived problem is.
Give detailed steps one must take to replicate the problem.

Otherwise, this "same problem" description does not help other help you.

16 years 11 months ago #37035 by bmx300
Replied by bmx300 on topic Re:request Connection Not working
Hey, i know you have heard it, but i will tell you the same, i lost my request confirmation ability....but i only lost it on IE7 (Imagine that...). I don't know if ie7 updated today or what, i have gone through and pulled out every module or componet i have added, checked all files i may have changed, and looked everywhere for an answer...so i figured i would come here. This is the error i get in ie7 - Error:Expected"]"

Any ideas anyone?!

If i was a website, i won't run on IE7, no other sites do!

16 years 11 months ago #37906 by ebonyleg
Replied by ebonyleg on topic Re:request Connection Not working
I realized that the request connection code is faulty. I solved the "request connection" problem by inserting a manual http link to "request connection". If you need help on how to do this. Let me know.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn