Disappearing Pages in IE 7?

17 years 1 month ago #33102 by Dexx
Disappearing Pages in IE 7? was created by Dexx
Hey Guys,

My users are having an odd problem with regards to IE 7.

Certain things will just cause entire main content of pages to disappear leaving only the button behind.

For instance, when updating a user profile, if the user puts the mouse over the blue Info circle to the right of fields, all fields and text disappear, leaving behind the update and cancel buttons.

Also when accepting pending requests, if the user click the checkmark or Red X area, the page disappears.

Any ideas?

I'm using Versatility 2 theme from RocketThemes.com, but havent experienced any other problems with IE 7.

Thanks!

[Edit]

This problem seems restricted only to Updating Profiles as when I check the Icons during in the Registration Page, nothing occurs and the popups happen normally.

Any possible ideas as to what or why this is being caused?

Time is semi-critical on this matter, thanks!

Post edited by: Dexx, at: 2007/03/12 02:40

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #33733 by Dexx
Replied by Dexx on topic Re:Disappearing Pages in IE 7?
Update:

So it's not just Blue Info buttons, it seems anytime one of the Community Builder information pop-ups occur it causes a problem.

Some pages however seem to auto-refresh themselves (Manage Connections, Connections Tab view)

At first I thought it was IE 7 issue with Comm Builder, but other templates have no problem with the info.

The rest of the site has no problem with the info-popups (Registration etc)

Anyone have any idea what might be different about the CB popup code that would cause my template to act up?

17 years 1 day ago #35747 by maranr
Replied by maranr on topic Re:Disappearing Pages in IE 7?
Anyone know what the solution is? I am having this problem as well.

17 years 21 hours ago #35798 by maranr
Replied by maranr on topic Re:Disappearing Pages in IE 7?
I have found that this problem only occurs with the "fluid" setting in the Versatility II template. Simply edit the HTML in the template and put it to wide or thin. You will have to disable "wide" if you want to stop someone from getting the problem completely

16 years 4 months ago #50643 by ravenblack
Replied by ravenblack on topic Re:Disappearing Pages in IE 7?
Sounds like problem with IE's box model in CSS. Seems like the info square (the pop up window with text) that appears when you hover the mose over the bue "I" icon "pushes" the content <div> "out of the screen"

16 years 4 months ago #50820 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Disappearing Pages in IE 7?
Does your page validate W3C HTML ? ( validator.w3.org )

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn