Hitting My Profile crashing the site on Mac

16 years 10 months ago #36971 by norky69
Hi there,

I have two members on my site who reported that hitting the link to their CB profiles on Mac crashes the site. I use the latest Joomla (stable 1.0.12) and CB (1.0.2). I also use the older Digimania template from Rockettheme. Both of my members having this problem use Mac computers and Safari browsers. Is this a know problem and is there a solution?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #36978 by nant
norky69 wrote:

Hi there,

I have two members on my site who reported that hitting the link to their CB profiles on Mac crashes the site. I use the latest Joomla (stable 1.0.12) and CB (1.0.2). I also use the older Digimania template from Rockettheme. Both of my members having this problem use Mac computers and Safari browsers. Is this a know problem and is there a solution?

lol - well i guess its a known problem on your site.

seriously, people are viewing this site with macs and safari and havent crashed the site.

could be a combination of many things outside CB.

16 years 1 month ago #55966 by trenee
Funny, I am having the same issue with a new Joomla site I've created that uses CB login. When I click the user name field to login Safari crashes. I'm using J1.0.13, CB 1.1 and Safari 3.0.4 for testing purposes. I typically use FF. Safari crashes when trying to login into Joomlapolis.com too...

Here's the new site:
www.aquscommunity.com

Any answers as to why? Know of a non CB site I can try logging into to test?

Thanks,
Tiff

Post edited by: trenee, at: 2008/02/04 09:45

Post edited by: trenee, at: 2008/02/04 09:47

16 years 1 month ago #55971 by beat
Just tried here with Safari Mac Version 3.0.4 (523.12) and clicking username field doesn't crash the browser here.

Which exact build of safari is that ?

What exact error do you get ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 1 month ago #56057 by trenee
Hi,

I'm using Version 3.0.4 (5523.10.6). I don't get an error. When I click the login field to enter my user name the browser crashes, shuts down.

I'm on Mac OSX 10.5.

Best,
Tiff

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn