Losing profile field data when editing from Admin

16 years 1 month ago #57234 by stumpy_dan
Hi

I have CB 1.0.2 and I use Joomla 1.0.12 Stable.

I have a heavily featured site http:/ibikeride.com

I noticed a while back that if I went into a users profile from the Admin panel and amended anything e.g. updated them for registered to author etc then when hitting save all of their profile field was lost. So I have fields like location, sex, quote of the day and so on. All would disappear. If I try and re-enter this from the back end it also does not save.

Updating form the front end is fine.

All very odd and very annoying for my users as I often go in. Any ideas?

Post edited by: stumpy_dan, at: 2008/02/21 12:14

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 week ago #59312 by pewebhost
stumpy_dan wrote:

Hi

I have CB 1.0.2 and I use Joomla 1.0.12 Stable.

I have a heavily featured site http:/ibikeride.com

I noticed a while back that if I went into a users profile from the Admin panel and amended anything e.g. updated them for registered to author etc then when hitting save all of their profile field was lost. So I have fields like location, sex, quote of the day and so on. All would disappear. If I try and re-enter this from the back end it also does not save.

Updating form the front end is fine.

All very odd and very annoying for my users as I often go in. Any ideas?

Post edited by: stumpy_dan, at: 2008/02/21 12:14

I have a similar problem, only when adding users from the Backend, Some users will save ALL data which has been input, others will only save the default Joomla Data. THE CB Datafields are not saved.

CB 1.1
Joomla 1.0.13 - 1.0.15

The Problem has occured on both versions of Joomla mentioned above.

Has there been any solution to this problem. I have to re-enter data for nearly 200 users manually for the second time. Needless to say this will take quite a bit of Time and Time is money...

HELP..
Cliff

16 years 1 week ago #59318 by stumpy_dan
Hi. I recently upgraded to CB 1.1 and upgraded a couple of profiles and all seemed fine and fixed. I haven't tried more than 2 so it is not a conclusive test as yet but looking good.

I assumed the upgrade is what fixed the problem but seeing you are on CB1.1 this would not be the case.

The other core change I did around the same time was check to see if I had any core Joomla files corrupted or missing. I found my index2.php and my globals.php were corrupted. I replaced these from my initial files when I uploaded Joomla.

I used Joomla Diagnostics as a tool to do this check for problem core files.

This may / may not help you (but it is good house keeeping anyways) and if I find the fault is not permanently fixed I will come back and post.

As an aside the fault when occurring would most likely intermittently occur when upgrading a user from registered to author.

Good luck

16 years 1 week ago #59375 by pewebhost
Thanks for the reply... I noticed this topic was in the 1.0.x area after I had already posted...

Beware, there is still a minor problem with the CB1.1 and Administrator edits/ entering new user info. Beat has responded to my problem in this thread..
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,43/id,59374/#59374

Thanks,
Cliff

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn