PHP variables in password reset msg.

15 years 4 months ago #80226 by piotrtrzeciak
PHP variables in password reset msg. was created by piotrtrzeciak
Hi,
It seems that suddenly, the PHP variables ($checkusername, etc), instead of their values, started showing up in the password reset e-mail messages. This is associated with the message _NEWPASS_MSG from the main language file (not the one in the CB). Has anyone seen this? Could this be related to some kinf of PHP upgrade on the hosting side?
Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #81008 by piotrtrzeciak
Replied by piotrtrzeciak on topic Re:PHP variables in password reset msg.
I see no takers :-)
Anyway, I did some more research on this issue, and when I use double quotes in the message definitions (instead of single ones), some of the messages appear blank (empty) in the resulting e-mail. Dug into the original CB code and method for password recovery / change, and I do not see anything obvious there.
One of the pathways I think I'll follow is to see the difference when I send e-mail via SMTP gateway, instead of PHP e-mail functions.
Any additional info greatly appreciated.

15 years 3 months ago #81010 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:PHP variables in password reset msg.
What CB version ?

What joomla/mambo version ?

What joomla language ?

What PHP version ?

Looks more to me like a PHP version bug or a problem in your language files.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #81114 by piotrtrzeciak
Replied by piotrtrzeciak on topic Re:PHP variables in password reset msg.
CB 1.0 on Joomla 1.0.12, with Polish language and PHP 5.1.6.

That was my first guess too: PHP, especially that the hosting provider is doing some "weird" things lately (i.e. it appears to be going "under" :-))

I'll keep you posted if I see any differences with SMTP vs. PHP e-mail.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn