Resend Activation URL Mod - Instructions

17 years 3 months ago #29397 by breathwork
Replied by breathwork on topic Re:Resend Activation URL Mod - Instructions
moneybagsxp wrote:

I'm not sure what exactly doesn't work...

This mod is to enable the resending of an Activation Email Notice, one that is customized on your behalf in the Administrator/manager.

The fact that "No link in the body" indicates to me that the mod was installed, and the email is being sent. As to the content of the email entered, I'm not quite sure...

Did you enter a "Resend Activation URL Email" in CB Configuration Manager? (I'm assuming so...)

Does the email get sent to the correct, unactivated user's email??

If so, then you'll need to enter placeholders such as:

[code:1]
Greetings [NAME],

We’ve noticed that you have registered as a new member of our community, but have not confirmed your registration. Confirmation is simple, just click the link below:

[CONFIRM]

If you are unable to click on the link above, please highlight the link with your mouse, press 'CTRL + C' on your keyboard to Copy the link to your clipboard, and then in your Internet browser paste it into the web address bar using 'CTRL + V'

[DETAILS]

Thank you,
[/code:1]

What or where is the "Administrator/manager" in the backend, do you mean the CB/config or the CB/plugin menu. I saw nowhere to enter the message as you mentioned. Perhaps I am missing something here, if so I apologise for being such a noob....

Thanks for your understanding.

Geoffrey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #29398 by moneybagsxp
Replied by moneybagsxp on topic Re:Resend Activation URL Mod - Instructions
If you got THIS mod installed and actually sending emails, then you deserve to drop your Noob status :)

Login into your Joomla administrator:

Click 'components > community builder > configuration'

Then, click on the 'Registration' tab and look for: 'Resend Activation URL subject' and 'Resend Activation URL Email'

www.pixelchutes.com - Where every pixel matters.

17 years 3 months ago #29404 by breathwork
OK I have it working with 1.0.2! Yee Har!

So in summary the procedure is:
  1. Download the attached file
  2. Goto the /administrator/components/com_comprofiler directory
  3. Rename the following files admin.comprofiler.html.php and admin.comprofiler.php
  4. Upload these two from the zip file you downloaded above files to this directory
  5. Goto the /components/com_profiler//plugin/language/default_language directory
  6. Rename the default.language.php file
  7. Upload this file from the downloaded zip file
  8. Login to the admin backend of your website
  9. Goto Components/Community Builder/Configuration
  10. Select the Registration tab
  11. Scoll down to see the "Resend Activation URL Email" and enter an email subject
  12. Enter a message text as wellin the box below
  13. Goto Components/Community Builder/User Management
  14. Click on the "Resend" label next to un activated user

And your problem is resolved!

Many thanks for all your responive help

BTW, I have not changed anything in the attached file, simply renamed it and put it here with the procedure to use it.

Geoffrey

Attachment updated_comprofiler_resend-d9b765d60488c574f36662af5549d667.zip not found

Attachments:

17 years 3 months ago #29406 by moneybagsxp
I would be careful, as the attached file was specifically noted as "pre-modded, v1.0.1 files". I would *not* recommend overwriting your 1.0.2 files unless absolutely sure nothing has changed in each of those files since 1.0.1 :blush:

However, great news to hear all is working for you, as well as w/ 1.0.2 ;)

17 years 3 months ago #29409 by breathwork
moneybagsxp wrote:

I would be careful, as the attached file was specifically noted as "pre-modded, v1.0.1 files". I would *not* recommend overwriting your 1.0.2 files unless absolutely sure nothing has changed in each of those files since 1.0.1 :blush:

However, great news to hear all is working for you, as well as w/ 1.0.2 ;)

That's why at step 2 and 6 I rename the original files. NOTHING is overwritten, and if anything goes wrong, recovery is simple. Simply delete the uploaded files and rename the renamed files back to thier original names.

[Noob at some things, oldhand at others, Grasshopper!]

Geoffrey

17 years 3 months ago #29411 by moneybagsxp
Good, glad to see you made a backup! (Phew!)

I didn't mean the actual files overwritten (well, I did but...)
I am more concerned about the CODE that has changed within those files that you backed up. While you might have backup now, and a functioning "resend activation method", who knows what might end up breaking/missing down the road.

For one, the language file alone! It's possible verbiage was changed/added/removed since 1.0.1, in which case, it now exists again for you, even though on 1.0.2, catch my drift?

You may want to consider following the step-by-step, using the working 1.0.1 as an example, and implement the changes manually.

Otherwise, best of luck! If anything starts getting quirky, you know right where to go!! ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn