"Secondary" profile

17 years 1 month ago #31730 by yambag
"Secondary" profile was created by yambag
I was thinking it would be REALLY cool for users to have a secondary profile... I will explain what I mean by demonstrating my site.

My site is an equine (horse) community for young girls and they of course have their own little profile and stuff.. but it would be really cool if they had another option for something like "My Horses" where you could specify different fields such as breed, age, primary discipline, picture, etc. It would be cool if it could be displayed in a kind of list format with thumbnails for photos. And of course it would have to be able to support more than one horse... becase a lot of them own multiple horses.

This could go for a wide variety of things.. like someone who has a auto site.. people could have a separate tab for "My Cars" or someone who has a cooking site could have a tab for "My Recipes"

EXAMPLE (excuse my crappy editing skills... just to give an idea of what I mean)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #31750 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:"Secondary" profile
If you can do without the pictures, ListTab plugin basically does this. It gives you one tab which can have multiple entries inside it just like you show in the picture. There is a new version coming soon.

With pictures, it could be possible to loosely integrate this with profile gallery plugin and you would basically have this functionality. This would require a bit of coding.

mikko

17 years 1 month ago #31763 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:"Secondary" profile
hi,

You already have a classifieds component installed...

You could easily take a second clasified component and make some changes for the needed fields and you can rename it to "Take A look on my Horses"

You can have categories for run, jump and work horses:dry:
an your members can publish there horses there.

You would need a cb plug which is showing all ads from this user with the main informaions an a thumbnail:

Example:

This is simple "Marketplace 1.31" CB plugin

Another Solution:

Use SOBI2 or Mossets Tree (or a similar one)

Than you can have also a rating and comments from users...

Post edited by: Krystofiak, at: 2007/02/22 16:07

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)
Attachments:

17 years 1 month ago #31815 by yambag
Replied by yambag on topic Re:"Secondary" profile
That is a great idea! I do have a classifieds section, but I use "Mambo component Classifieds version 1.3" which is a super simple classifieds component.

I just installed the other classifieds component you suggested. I am totally inspired now! I will let you know how it goes :kiss:

17 years 1 month ago #31826 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:"Secondary" profile
oh, my first kiss:blush: :lol:

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

17 years 4 weeks ago #32219 by yambag
Replied by yambag on topic Re:
Krystofiak wrote:

oh, my first kiss:blush: :lol:

heheheh :P

An update: I have made some progress, but it's seeming a lot more difficult than I had originally thought it would be! I am still determined however.:dry:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn