Security Images

17 years 8 months ago #19037 by billt
Replied by billt on topic Re:Security Images
The files worked great and merged well (not that I expected otherwise). However, I cannot get the image to display on a form (only text is seen within a box). The GD option is enabled within PHP, but the image still does not display. Do you have any suggestions as I seem to have missed a step.

WebSvr: Apache/2.0.59 (Win32)
PHP: v4.4.3 (tested successfully)
active PHP extensions: gd
gd details:
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

Joomla v1.0.10
CB v1.0.1
com_securityimages v3.0.6

I am open for any suggestions as it is not obvious to me. :(

Thanks.

Post edited by: billt, at: 2006/08/18 06:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19039 by averan
Replied by averan on topic Re:Security Images
the only version of security images that i can get to work is 2.2.5

the newer versions, including the security patched 3.0.6, do not function well.

we modified 2.2.5 ourselves to include the "valid mos or die" statement as well as did away with the need to use javascript in order to secure the component ourselves.

there is an issue with 2 specific files, that if you google "securityimages joomla" you'll probably find several analyses of its weaknesses. you may conclude, as i did, that the dev's simple patch of including the "valid mos or die" statement is not enough to fix the problem. if your server has Set Global turned OFF, then you're a bit safer.

if anyone can get 3.0.6 to work on all platforms and browsers, please post here!!

17 years 7 months ago #20002 by billt
Cedric,

Thanks for the quick response to Joomla! release. That was quick. When do you see an instruction set for Joomla's Community Builder v1.0.1 being released? I ask as my hack is not displaying the graphic. :(

Thanks.

Post edited by: billt, at: 2006/09/01 03:08

17 years 6 months ago #22324 by Dionysus

17 years 6 months ago #23086 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Security Images
Dionysus wrote:

anyone use the new version 3.0.8?

www.waltercedric.com/downloads/task,cat_view/gid,291/orderby,dmdate_published/ascdesc,DESC/

I've got it working. I bagged the CB login and took off the register part since I have other links to register. After searching long and hard I found a modded version of CB which had it built in.

So I've got the login, register, contact, lost password all protected with image verification now. PAIN IN THE ASS but better than the alternative... Been getting spammed hard lately.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

17 years 6 months ago #23105 by billt
I did get it working after some due diligence. Note that Security Image v4.0 was just released and I should have notes for a new install later in the week to be shared with fellow CB collegues.

Give me a few days as my normal work schedule is already packed this week. I am also unsure of when the new CB will be released as that may further delay my follow-up posting. (crossing my fingers that the new CB release will be available early this week) ;)

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.688 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn