Security Images

17 years 4 months ago #27224 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Security Images
Please note that CB has, new in 1.0.2, anti-spam methods integrated, also specially for registration, which avoid current spambots, also without security images. So security images are not needed right now. B)

Also there will be regularly modifications to the CB anti-spam methods in future releases, to discourage new spam-bots as well.

Don't forget to disable Joomla registration and set CB registration to on separately as described in the README.txt file, to avoid spamming through Joomla registration.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #27474 by mihat
Replied by mihat on topic Re:Security Images
How can I enable integrated security in 1.02?
Did you mean captcha or something else? Couse I can see where to enable captcha and other things are not working! I've deleted captcha verification on upgrade to 1.02 CB. And I've already have few registrants that came from XXX sites :woohoo:

Post edited by: mihat, at: 2006/12/21 22:58

17 years 3 months ago #28038 by Sparky
Replied by Sparky on topic Re:Security Images
I too am being pestered by these XXX and (fake) medication spammers.

I was hoping that the CB team (or anyone else) had put out some kind of modified version of mod_cblogin with capcha (aka security images) support.
In my mind, this will be the only thing that will stop at least the majority of these @*&%^# spammers from signing up.

Right now, i require email verification and i have a few required custom fields, but aparrently, the spammers have adapted.

So here's my plea: Please CB team, give us integrated capcha support!

P.S. the patches described earlier in this thread don't seem to work for me, and from the looks of it, i'm not the only one...

"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you
don't understand it well enough yourself." --(Albert Einstein)

17 years 3 months ago #28043 by Soroc
Replied by Soroc on topic Re:Security Images
Looks like I'll be sticking with 1.0.1 with images for now...

17 years 3 months ago #28122 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Security Images
Sparky wrote:

I too am being pestered by these XXX and (fake) medication spammers.

I was hoping that the CB team (or anyone else) had put out some kind of modified version of mod_cblogin with capcha (aka security images) support.

Did you try updating to cb 1.0.2 and disabling core joomla registration ?

CB 1.0.2 has quite a few lines of defense against current spam-registration bots, in the wait for a captcha cb plugin.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 3 months ago #28166 by mihat
Replied by mihat on topic Re:Security Images
Integrated protection is no good!
I've reinstalled security images and added security images code as it was in previous release. It works fine!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn