Security Images

17 years 2 months ago #30448 by john1000
Replied by john1000 on topic Re:Security Images
ah i see,no problem...

it sure will be a nice addon to cb indeed...
and what i do wonder is this..
cb has a few coders that are busy with its development...
i just cant believe non of them never had the time or idea to put a captcha into cb.

instead we have to (or atleast try to.....) install security images of walter cedric that doesnt even work.

another big point is that with all thats being developed chances are that people will install other mods and components other then the standard core stuff that comes with the joomla release.

that will automatically makes it incompatible.
so in my situation im installing walter cedrics security images only for cb !

see the point...;)

My soon to be released website.
www.joomla-reviews.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #30667 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Security Images
You're all right....It's more than Time for captcha integration....spambots are getting smarter at CB's built-in protections... :(

The CB team will be implementing Captcha as a core API feature, using plugins, so you can integrate your own versions if you don't like the one that we will choose for the core plugin, and 3rd parties might offer different kinds of captcha or security questionnaries.

I've already impemented the cb core events needed for this and Nick will be implementing the plugin as next task. So there will be no patch. It will become available with the next CB release as a standard feature.

Corresponding announcement will follow once implementation is done.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 2 months ago #30668 by john1000
Replied by john1000 on topic Re:Security Images
thanks beat, thats good news.
the sooner the better...

My soon to be released website.
www.joomla-reviews.com

17 years 2 months ago #30698 by Narya
Replied by Narya on topic Re:Security Images
Yes, good to hear.
Well not, that the spam bots are getting smarter... But otherwise it would be boring, wouldn't it? ;)

Is there some place with progress reports on the next release? I didn't find a developer's side or something...

cheers

17 years 2 months ago #30763 by chris.n
Replied by chris.n on topic Re:Security Images
Very good new Beat. We have a lot of new accounts created from guys using Russian emails... Hope this will fix it :)

17 years 2 months ago #30771 by kaype
Replied by kaype on topic Re:Security Images
Great! Waiting for this feature for some time!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn