Ascript to add data from forms to CB

16 years 9 months ago #41234 by NutriCoach
Ascript to add data from forms to CB was created by NutriCoach
Perhaps what I am looking for already exist and I just don't know how to find it.

What I would like is a script that collects entered data and automatically adds it to my membership list.

Let me explain. I have a form at that collects data for purposes of returning a report to assist people in getting what I consider a proper nutrient mix and it is primarily for type 2 diabetics. The form in not part of joomla or CB in any way and in fact sends the collected data to a different server where I collect it each day, process the request with nutrition software and email the report all outside of joomla/CB.

This form is straight HTML but appears as if it is integrated into joomla which it is not. The form collects much of the same information as in my Community builder registration. What I would like to see is a script that can collect this information and add it to the registration so when they request the Diet Assessment report they are also registering as a site member. I think this could also be a useful script for anyone using such forms to build there subscription list. I think this would have to be a stand alone script residing on the server but outside joomla/CB.

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea? Unfortunately, I am unable to do things like this all I have is the idea of what I would like to happen. I am one of the many fans of Joomla and CB that can make a joomla based site but have no clue how to write the php scripts that make it all happen.

BTW a big THANK YOU to all you geniuses that make the magic of Joomla and CB that allow those of us who are coding challenged to produce websites that can do so many cool things.

I will be cross posting this to Joomla's site as well.

Toma Grubb
Site admin

www.Diabetic-Diet-Secrets.com (Joomla/Community Builder)

Helping the world control TYpe 2 Diabetes with diet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #41306 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Ascript to add data from forms to CB
The easiest way is to write a joomla component for the form and then use joomla database object to access the database and fetch data from table jos_comprofiler.

You need a way to retrieve the userid from joomla, and easiest way is to have this form as a joomla extension.

Mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn