save articles

16 years 7 months ago #44041 by bennow
save articles was created by bennow
Hi everyone! I did a quick search, and didn't turn up any results, so hopefully this hasn't been asked before.

I'm creating a magazine website, with lots of editorial, photos, blogs, etc... I'm installing CB to create the user profile space that we need but was looking for one additional feature that would tie everything together perfectly.

I'm looking for some way for users to save articles that they find interesting. For instance : user 'johns' reads an article on the site. They really like the article, so they click on the 'save article to archive' button at the end of the story. The story is then saved in their profile, with a story title as a link to the story. Other users browsing johns's profile would be able to see an archive of all his saved articles that he found interesting. Johns would also be able to go his article page and retrieve the articles that he saved at any point.

Does anyone know of a CB enhancement already done that will do this? If not I think we can write a add-on module for CB/Joomla to take care of the functionality, but wanted to check fist, so I"m not recreating the wheel.

Thanks again for any help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn