Allow user to choose how he/she can be contacted

16 years 6 months ago #44703 by mikko
I would like to have the following features to all PM and email functionality. On the profile edit page, the user should be able to:
-enable/disable PM system for him
-enable/disable contact form
-enable/disable mailto-link

This would be really cool, since the users could decide which way they can be contacted. In my experience, people put much more thinking into the message when they write email than when writing to a contact form or PM system.

-Mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #44704 by nant
Agree - all these options are highly desirable in my book also.

16 years 3 months ago #51555 by mtk
Hi Mikko,
have you developed any brilliant plugin for this?

Adding a field cb_contact_status, with some values such as: {contact me, no email, no pm, don't contact me} - is not the problem.
The problem is how to make PM system & CB email option to read this value & act accordingly.

Anything I can do to help with this...?

Post edited by: mtk, at: 2007/12/02 10:54

16 years 3 months ago #51564 by mikko
It would be possible to disable the contact options. However, I currently has too many things (and too many furthe deas) to start implementing this.

What you can do is to create a project here micropledge.com and try to get a group of people together to promise to pay someone to develop this. Then hope that a developer gets interested for the bounty.

I am not affiliated with the site. I just think that it is a cool idea and use it.

Mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn