Nants Gallery Random Image

17 years 11 months ago #13225 by dave
Nants Gallery Random Image was created by dave
I am wondinging if anyone is working on a joomla module to display random/scrolling images from Nants awesome plugin?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #13235 by thomas_ttech
Replied by thomas_ttech on topic Re:Nants Gallery Random Image
I would second that motion!!!! I would be all that I could ever hope for in the Galley,

I can't really find a down to earth galley that doesn't require too much from the admin to work and allot of fus for nothing. And the problem that I have had with most galleries (Zoom, Datso, Pony, Gallery2) With greek characters or symbols ()$ and such in the file name, using ISO-8859-7 is already taken care of by CB Gallery, I was amazed! Great work!!

Takeing a look at the Zoom Pics Module which is setup nicely, for random/newest ect. with scrolling effect, I wonder how hard it would be to "hack" the code to work with CB Gallery ?

17 years 11 months ago #13305 by kuato
Replied by kuato on topic Re:Nants Gallery Random Image
The random image module can be done with any random image module that support the load of random images from a folder and its subfolders, you just need to point the module to the path "if default install" images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/
The subject is how to link that images with the profiles ... ;§

Post edited by: kuato, at: 2006/05/19 03:57

OpEn YoUr MiNd

17 years 10 months ago #13325 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Nants Gallery Random Image
kuato wrote:

The random image module can be done with any random image module that support the load of random images from a folder and its subfolders, you just need to point the module to the path "if default install" images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/
The subject is how to link that images with the profiles ... ;§

Post edited by: kuato, at: 2006/05/19 03:57

you could use a modified version of this module.
However you would have alot of issues like not displaying items that havent been approved or published, handling other fiel types, etc.

The best solution would be to write a module that uses the plugin database table to find the random item based on specific criteria.

17 years 10 months ago #13608 by dave
Replied by dave on topic Re:Nants Gallery Random Image
Anyone working on this? I tried to figure it out, but, I'm very lame with coding.

17 years 10 months ago #14105 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Nants Gallery Random Image
Ok - I have started working on a CB Gallery module (see forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf4813?nav=1).
I will keep this thread updated (along with my blog) about the progress of this.

BTW, please review and vote for this over at the extensions site extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,745/Itemid,35/

Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn