Why are the files renamed?

17 years 7 months ago #20876 by Sopra
Why are the files renamed? was created by Sopra
After the files are uploaded, them are renamed with something like: pg_xxxxxxxxxx.xxx. Why is this happening, since the files are stored per user directory? Can I change that, in order to keep the original name? And if not, where can I change the "pg_" prefix? :)

Thanks,
Bogdan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #20889 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Why are the files renamed?
Sopra wrote:

After the files are uploaded, them are renamed with something like: pg_xxxxxxxxxx.xxx. Why is this happening, since the files are stored per user directory? Can I change that, in order to keep the original name? And if not, where can I change the "pg_" prefix? :)

Thanks,
Bogdan

what are you trying to accomplish?

17 years 6 months ago #21214 by Sopra
Replied by Sopra on topic Re:Why are the files renamed?
Hi nant,

Well, if I want to download files, I have to type their name again, in order to know which one is which.

It's an operation which can be avoid I think, by letting the original name (for example pamela_anderson_1.jpg :)) and when the file is downloaded, the user can change the name if he think that it's not suggestively enough... instead now, when the name is ps_xxxx when you download the file on your pc, you can be sure that you will have to change it with something more suggestively, right?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn