Deleted user images still in Scroller

17 years 3 months ago #26028 by Codestream
Deleted user images still in Scroller was created by Codestream
How can I eliminate the place holder/images that remain in Nant's Gallery Scroller from users that have been deleted.

I am also about to upgrade to CB 1.0.2 just mentioning this since it may be related....

If I uninstall the plugin, then reinstall it; will it recognize the current images/data only,? Will I lose existing images/data if I do this? Is this even part of the solution? :huh:

Need some advice/help... Thanks...

Codestream, Los Angeles, CA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #26047 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Deleted user images still in Scroller
Codestream wrote:

How can I eliminate the place holder/images that remain in Nant's Gallery Scroller from users that have been deleted.

I am also about to upgrade to CB 1.0.2 just mentioning this since it may be related....

If I uninstall the plugin, then reinstall it; will it recognize the current images/data only,? Will I lose existing images/data if I do this? Is this even part of the solution? :huh:

Not related.
Also, when users are deleted all their gallery items are removed.
Are you using CB Gallery 1.0. RC2?

17 years 3 months ago #26059 by Codestream
Replied by Codestream on topic Re:Deleted user images still in Scroller
nant wrote:

Codestream wrote:

Not related.
Also, when users are deleted all their gallery items are removed.
Are you using CB Gallery 1.0. RC2?

Yes, I am. Glad you responded... I went ahead and upgraded CB as I said I was about to do. Oddly, those pesky .JPG ghost things were still there in the scroller... I had to go into the DB and find the users I had deleted and then delete the images by hand. They were still there for two out of the seven users I had deleted. strange huh?

Thanks loads.... I love CB!

17 years 3 months ago #26060 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Deleted user images still in Scroller
please make sure you have 1.0 RC2 installed.
look in the backend plugin paramters and see if it says 1.0 RC2.

Also, how are you deleting users?
From CB backend or some other method?

17 years 3 months ago #26096 by rightmindx
Replied by rightmindx on topic Re:Deleted user images still in Scroller
Hi there. I am having the exact same problem as you. Can you show me how you performed the manual delete? I don't know too much about database administration so I have no idea where these entries are located.

Thanks for your help!

17 years 3 months ago #26106 by Codestream
Replied by Codestream on topic Re:Deleted user images still in Scroller
nant wrote:

please make sure you have 1.0 RC2 installed.
look in the backend plugin paramters and see if it says 1.0 RC2.

Also, how are you deleting users?
From CB backend or some other method?

Hi Nant, I'm using the right version as you mentioned. I used the Joomla User admin to delete the users, not the CB user manager, which may have been the problem... please advise on this so we can maybe close this and use as reference.... I will now responde to the above post where ( rightmindx ) is haveing the same problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn