Deleted user images still in Scroller

17 years 3 months ago #26107 by Codestream
Replied by Codestream on topic Re:Deleted user images still in Scroller
rightmindx wrote:

Hi there. I am having the exact same problem as you. Can you show me how you performed the manual delete? I don't know too much about database administration so I have no idea where these entries are located.

Thanks for your help!

Hey, sorry it took so long to reply, try the below:

Hopefully you have the same type of hosting account that I have.
The first and foremost thing is you need to know the user ID#'s of the one's you deleted so you can find them in the database.

* go to your MYSQL DB in the cPanel
* go to the bottom and select phpMy Admin
* on the left you will see a dropdown list of your databases, if you have more than one, that is...
* selcet the database CB is using
* on the left you will see a list, select jos_comprofiler_plug_profilegallery
* look up above and select browse
* you should now be looking at the table and records for the images for all users using the CB gallery
* find the users your looking for and just delete them
* go back to the left hand side and click on the Home Icon, then get the hell out before you mess anything up ;-)
* refresh your browser and you should be good to go...

Be sure to leave us a message and tell us if it works....

You should also check my exchange with Nant in this thread pertaining to the proper method to delete users, he should be responding some time soon....

Hope we can close this soon and everyone gets issue resolved...

Peace

Codestream, Los Angeles, CA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #26109 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Deleted user images still in Scroller
Codestream wrote:

nant wrote:

please make sure you have 1.0 RC2 installed.
look in the backend plugin paramters and see if it says 1.0 RC2.

Also, how are you deleting users?
From CB backend or some other method?

Hi Nant, I'm using the right version as you mentioned. I used the Joomla User admin to delete the users, not the CB user manager, which may have been the problem... please advise on this so we can maybe close this and use as reference.... I will now responde to the above post where ( rightmindx ) is haveing the same problem.

By using the Joomla user manager you have managed to get your database tables out of sync.

When you delete from the CB user management area then the joomla user table is automatically deleted.

Also by removing users from the CB management area triggers are fired against all correctly coded CB plugins to cleanout their databases (2 of these are: CB Gallery and Profilebook).

17 years 3 months ago #26110 by Codestream
Replied by Codestream on topic Re:Deleted user images still in Scroller
nant wrote:

Codestream wrote:

nant wrote:

please make sure you have 1.0 RC2 installed.
look in the backend plugin paramters and see if it says 1.0 RC2.

Also, how are you deleting users?
From CB backend or some other method?

Hi Nant, I'm using the right version as you mentioned. I used the Joomla User admin to delete the users, not the CB user manager, which may have been the problem... please advise on this so we can maybe close this and use as reference.... I will now responde to the above post where ( rightmindx ) is haveing the same problem.

By using the Joomla user manager you have managed to get your database tables out of sync.

When you delete from the CB user management area then the joomla user table is automatically deleted.

Also by removing users from the CB management area triggers are fired against all correctly coded CB plugins to cleanout their databases (2 of these are: CB Gallery and Profilebook).

Thanks for that info Nant, don't know what I was thinking when I deleted them that way.. Hopefully I won't have anymore problems from this... None of the users I deleted had info in the Profile Books, thats one of the reasons I deleted them... I'm kinda strict about that cause its a modeling and fashion industry project (you can checkout a version of your handiwork at DisplayMode.com). I hope the other guy, "rightmindx" reads this so he understands also...

Codestream, Los Angeles, CA

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn