Lightbox setting not applying to all profiles

17 years 4 months ago #26030 by danywu
Hi folks,

I have recently changed the default display format to Thumbnail Lightbox, tried viewing several profile galleries and all seemed well. Unfortunately one of my users reported that her profile gallery still displayed in the original "default" method. I haven't gone through everyone and checked so I'm not sure who else was affected.

Having no idea what caused this I have no idea where to even start looking. Her profile doesn't seem to have anything overly odd about it. Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

Many thanks,
Dany.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #26032 by danywu
Please excuse me answering my own post.

It seems the record in jos_comprofiler belonging to the profile in question was different from anyone else's. The value of cb_pgdisplayformat is usually either an empty string, or NULL. This profile had DF1. I blanked out the column for that row and voila! It's now behaving like everyone else's.

Any ideas why that row could be different than the others?

D.

17 years 4 months ago #26053 by nant
danywu wrote:

Please excuse me answering my own post.

It seems the record in jos_comprofiler belonging to the profile in question was different from anyone else's. The value of cb_pgdisplayformat is usually either an empty string, or NULL. This profile had DF1. I blanked out the column for that row and voila! It's now behaving like everyone else's.

Any ideas why that row could be different than the others?

D.

you probably allowed users to over-ride settings and this one took advantage of it.

This means that no matter what the default setting is in the tab this user setting will take over.

you can manually fix of course via the backend.

17 years 4 months ago #26058 by danywu
You're right - I did not notice the setting that allowed users to override the default display mode. Thanks for that!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn