thumbnails problem

17 years 1 month ago #33667 by MTonik
Replied by MTonik on topic Re:thumbnails problem
I did a clean installation: Joomla 1.0.12 and Community Builder 1.0.2

I got problems uploadin avatar images. Basically, the problem is the same as described by sylt. I get the "Error: resizing image failed." message.

Any suggestions? May be someone could give me a hint what part of code is responsible for this functionality, may be I'll be able to fix the problem myself, and post the solution?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #78635 by jnkdavis
Replied by jnkdavis on topic Re:thumbnails problem
I'm running Joomla 1.0.15, CB 1.1 and CB Gallery 1.0RC2. I'm having the same problem although without an error message (at least there's not one that I can see.) Whatever code generates the thumbnails from user uploads recently quit working - I've tried uploading all different types of images, sizes, etc... to troubleshoot the problem and all result in displaying the default image icon as shown in the first post in this thread.

I haven't changed any CB Gallery preferences - I did do an upgrade from Joomla .12 to .15 a while back and just recently installed a component called MYBLOG, which does connect to a CB tab and has created other conflicts that I'm aware of with other components. I have a feeling that its somehow connected with MYBLOG but I'm not sure how. I think this because this is the only post I can find on the topic and it's almost 2 years old--it must be some obscure problem - a conflict somewhere between seemingly unrelated components.

Has anybody else experienced the spontaneously occurring default image icon after installing a new component?

Does anybody know where is the code that generates thumbnails for the CB Gallery plugin?

Thanks, if I figure out anything else, i'll post back.

JnKDavis

Post edited by: jnkdavis, at: 2008/10/31 00:51
Attachments:

15 years 5 months ago #79200 by jnkdavis
Replied by jnkdavis on topic Re:thumbnails problem
I changed the Image Software from ImageMagick to
GD2 library in the CB Preferences Images Tab. Problem solved.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn