Lightbox Close Image Problem

17 years 2 months ago #30689 by thewhitedog
Lightbox Close Image Problem was created by thewhitedog
When using Lightbox, the grey cross 'close' gif does not appear below the image, to the right of the 'title' and 'description', where it normally appears.

The image can be closed by clicking on or below where the close gif should appear, but this may be confusing for some users.

When viewing my own profile on this site, the 'close' cross does appear below the image, so it isn't a browser issue.

Similarly when I have used the CB Gallery Plugin previously, this hasn't been a problem. It has only happened in the last couple of days.

It is only a small thing, but it's driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #30907 by thewhitedog
Replied by thewhitedog on topic Re:Lightbox Close Image Problem
To reply to my own question:

After exhaustively checking out any potential problems with the absolute path to the images, or scripting conflicts, I narrowed the problem down to the use of SEF (the core SEF optimization available through the Joomla Globals setting).

When SEF is not activated, all images appear correctly in Lightbox.

I haven't yet managed correctly to configure the .htaccess file, to both enable SEF and show all images correctly in Lightbox.

If anyone is successfully using SEF and Lightbox on the CB Gallery Plugin, perhaps they could post their .htaccess settings?

Post edited by: thewhitedog, at: 2007/02/11 15:24

14 years 11 months ago #97931 by didomi
Replied by didomi on topic Re:Lightbox Close Image Problem
Here's a fix (hack) for anyone with the issue of search engine friendly urls and the lightbox close.gif

go to /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilegallery/js and eidt the lightbox.js file on line 135 where it says...

var fileBottomNavCloseImage = "components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilegallery/images/close.gif";

change this to...

var fileBottomNavCloseImage = "www.YOURDOMAIN.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilegallery/images/close.gif";

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn