[SOLVED] 2 questions about CB Gallery mod

16 years 9 months ago #40152 by joanie57
First let me say that I just installed the CB Gallery Module and Plugin today, and they are FABULOUS! I am just beginning my 2 sites (for extended family members), and am very new to Joomla and CB. I had Zoom Gallery installed for 2 days and got rid of it - too many problems and things I didn't understand. Installing these was so easy, and I had no trouble figuring out how to customize them to suit me. Thank you, Nant!

I have 2 problems, though, that I hope someone can help me with.

1. The header and footer I specified in the parameters of the Module are not showing up at all. I set the header to be "gallery item title" and the footer to be "username". I did not change the defaults for "Gallery Item Header Parameters", etc. (because I'm not really sure what those numbers mean!).
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The header and footer do not show up in either Static or Scroller mode.

2. I want to use this Module in 2 ways - as a scroller on the right side of most pages, and also as a separate page (menu item) where thumbnails of all the pictures from all users will be visible in the main body of the page. I got the scroller set up just the way I want it (except for problem #1 above), but I'm drawing a blank on how to create the separate page. (This may be more strictly a Joomla question, but maybe you can help me out, anyway)

I created a copy of the gallery module in Module Manager, gave it a new name, and changed the parameters to display all the pictures in Static mode - no problem. I know how to get a module to only appear on certain pages. What has me stumped is how to create the page (menu item?), and how to show the module in the mainbody of that page. There is no option to create a menu item as type "module". How do I do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post edited by: joanie57, at: 2007/07/02 22:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #40302 by joanie57
Replied by joanie57 on topic Re:2 questions about CB Gallery mod
I figured out the answer to question #1 - I just didn't read the gallery config stuff close enough. You can't put a header or footer on the pictures when using the scroller, which makes sense, now that I think about it! I don't know why they were not showing up in Static mode, but since I'm using the scroller, it doesn't matter.

Still trying to figure out how to create a page with thumbnails of all pictures from all users. Any advice on that would be appreciated. I'm looking at some Joomla extensions that will let me use a mod in the mainbody - am I on the right track?

Post edited by: joanie57, at: 2007/06/30 22:57

16 years 9 months ago #40305 by joanie57
Another reply to my own post! (Sorry)

I figured out how to get the gallery to show up in the mainbody. For anyone searching for this, here is how I did it:

1. Create a copy of mod_cbgallery. Set the "Number of Items" to 0 so it shows all the pictures. Publish it in an unused module position. (I used "user8", because that position is not defined by the template I'm using). Under "Menu Link Items" select "None" (you will change this in step 4).
2. Create a new Static Content item. Write whatever introduction you wish, then insert the tag {mosloadposition user8} on a new line. I centered it, but you probably don't have to do that.
3. Create a new menu item of type "Link - Static Content" and link to the item you created in step 2.
4. Go back to your module you created in step 2. Change the "Menu Link Items" to the menu item you just made.

This is what my new page looks like:

One question I still have - is there any way I can make it so it shows the pictures in rows of 3 pictures across, rather than one? Other than that it's perfect!
Attachments:

16 years 9 months ago #40337 by joanie57
One more time - after a little trial-and-error, I answered my own question!

To get the pictures to show in rows, rather than as a single column, set the "Static Layout Option" to "Left (Horizontal)" in the parameters of the module.

I didn't figure this out at first, because I thought that option would create a single horizontal row, causing the viewer to have to endlessly scroll to the right to see them all. But I tried it just to see, and it works out perfectly!

Thank you, Nant , for this great module!

16 years 9 months ago #40348 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:2 questions about CB Gallery mod
joanie57 wrote:

One more time - after a little trial-and-error, I answered my own question!

To get the pictures to show in rows, rather than as a single column, set the "Static Layout Option" to "Left (Horizontal)" in the parameters of the module.

I didn't figure this out at first, because I thought that option would create a single horizontal row, causing the viewer to have to endlessly scroll to the right to see them all. But I tried it just to see, and it works out perfectly!

Thank you, Nant , for this great module!

Glad you like it B)

Even more glad you figured out everything on your own :silly: :P

14 years 8 months ago #105775 by mingarrolo
Replied by mingarrolo on topic Re:[SOLVED] 2 questions about CB Gallery mod
my question is i have installed the cb gallery plugin on my site amd it is working just fine but i cannot display the cb gallery module on the front end. what do i have to do configure the plugin or download a mod for the cb gallery

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn