apostrophe causing problems in CB Gallery

14 years 11 months ago #97189 by synthesis
Greetings all,

A site I just finished up went live on Tuesday of this week and I've had reports of some errors occurring relating to CB Gallery. After a bit of investigation, I've come to the conclusion that apostrophes used in either the title or description text are the source of the problem. With a little more testing, I discovered there would seem to be no way around this, I tried escaping using numerous methods but no luck so far.

The images still show fine in the lightbox, but users cannot edit any of the text once they've entered an apostrophe...for example "Here's a shot of Mike's new car". If a user enters this as either title or description and hits the update button, clicking the edit button later causes what would appear to be a javascript error (as best I can discern from Firebug). Now this isn't a huge deal or a show-stopper, and I really like CB as well as the gallery plugin, but I would like to fix this.

Any suggestions for a workaround? I don't want the site users to have to jump through fiery hoops just to put a text description to their images. I would prefer something I can do that that would be transparent to the users. Telling them not to use apostrophes really isn't an acceptable fix...

For reference, I'm using the latest version of both CB and CB Gallery.

Thanks for any assistance in this matter.

Regards,
Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98122 by nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn