help for germani.php

16 years 10 months ago #39226 by Stern69
help for germani.php was created by Stern69
Hi all,

sorry i post this question in german, because my english is not so good to explain this problem with the germani.php language file.

CB verschickt zB bei anfragen zu connection automatisch emails an den user, diese email wird leider nicht korrekt in den umlauten dargestellt.

Ich habe mittlerweile alles durchgetestet und komme einfach nicht mehr weiter. die site general settings (language) sind informal und auf germani gestellt. das kann damit ja nicht zusammenhängen.

Die unter com_comprofiler/plugins/language befindliche datei "default_language.php" ist doch dafür verantwortlich oder? diese datei war nach installtion des cb zunächst die englische standard datei. ich habe diese gegen die german.php ausgetauscht. dadurch ist auch alles auf deutsch. nur die mails werden der connection wird halt immer noch mit den "&umletc." codes versendet.

ein beispiel:

umlaut möchte sich mit Dir verbinden und wartet auf eine Bestätigung. Bitte bestätige die Verbindungsanfrage oder lehne sie ab! umlaut hat folgende persönliche Nachricht hinzugefügt: test umlaut äöüß

Die übergeordnete site\language\germani.php ist in "&umlaut" geschrieben. Andere Comps und Scriptanpassungen die ich mit "¨" editiert haben, führen auch zum gewünschten Ergebnis. Nur die CB Mails machen diese Probleme wie es scheint. Der Fehler muss also irgendwo in den com_comprofiler settings / files liegen.

Im backend in den cb plugin einstellungen steht die default_language ebenfalls, allerdings auch eine german. Ich weiss nicht mehr wo ich suchen soll und das ganze testen kann.

Vielen Dank vorab für Support.

Grüße
Chris

Post edited by: Stern69, at: 2007/06/09 15:25

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #39289 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:help for germani.php
ok, here is the problem: site language files should use the charset they define in _ISO in their php file. Using ´ and so on is not needed provided the right charset is selected.

CB has a function called cb_html_entity_decode_all() to decode all these &strings; . It is used only for the site-name in emails, as it is a heavy function, which has not only to adapt to php version capabilities, but also to avoid vulnerabilities in certain php versions.

joomla and the web going towards utf8, we are not planing using this soon unneeded function everywhere, as it would slow down considerably cb.

If you edit your language file in an editor using same charset encoding than the file defines, you are ok. E.g. use a utf8-capable editor to edit an utf-8 file and open the file in the correct charset. Such editors are mentioned in this forum elsewhere. Your problem is appearing because editor and template charsets missmatch :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 10 months ago #39296 by Stern69
Replied by Stern69 on topic Re:help for germani.php
hi beat,

thx for u solution.

i had checked the site settings and the db settings. i had checked the index.php of the current template - always fine. all settings are UTF-8.

i get in contact with the german translator of the germani php file, jan :) and he gave me quickly support. the new germani.php file was update with a workaround to set the "äöü" in different words, so that i do not use any umlaute now. the expression for the mails are the same.

i understand u right way? it seemed to be a general problem with the cb function? so i don't know really what u mean with
"it would slow down considerably cb"

the new customized germani.php file will be able for download today from the general gnu site, or the translators homepage.

thank u again Jan, for your best support and nice to meet you. :)

greetz
Chris

Post edited by: Stern69, at: 2007/06/10 15:08

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn