Advancing GroupJive

17 years 4 months ago #26308 by Flipsider
Advancing GroupJive was created by Flipsider
Hi,
I recently saw the creator (I think) active here so why not ask.

Will you or anyone ever expand GroupJive? I am currently using this Component and Plugin on my site (www.xboxuserspace.com) and it would be great to have it managed more.
Right now all, what we have is Categories (which I renamed to "Games").
People can now create their clan on any Game Category they want but once my site is released and getting bigger and bigger, I will probably have more than a few hundred clans in each game category (depends on which game of course).

How about creating Sub-Categories?

I think this will be great for any GroupJive User, if Im right.
For me, it would be helpfull because then I can manage the following:

Or:

Game Genre (Action, Shooting, Strategy etc.)
- Game (Gears of War, Halo 2, Saints Row etc.)
-- Clan (Destiny, The Killers, Lollering etc.)

Or:

Game (Gears of War, Halo 2, Saints Row etc.)
- Type (Ranking, Playfull, Tricking etc.)
-- Clan (Destiny, The Killers, Lollering etc.)

For others it can be:

Sports
- Swimming
-- Group

Managing Members:

Clan Creators will be able to categorize their Users (rather than assigning moderators only) and name the categories their members are in.

As I said, these are probably 2 things every GroupJive Users can find usefull.

What do you think?

Post edited by: Flipsider, at: 2006/12/05 17:36

Post edited by: Flipsider, at: 2006/12/06 12:23

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #26311 by DavidF
Replied by DavidF on topic Re:Advancing GroupJive
we are currently working on a to-do list that will def. expand groupjive, however up to know we have not thought about sub-groups (you can already have different categories) and I am not sure if anyone but you would use such a complex system that would also mean we would have to change a lot of code.

for example: close groups in open groups, the first one is visible but the second not, or open groups in closed groups, while the closed one is visible the open one is not etc.

so i can't talk for the whole team (i guess only Fluffy can do that ;) ) but I would guess at this moment that we will rather clean up the code, include others features and change the whole design of groupjive...sry

17 years 4 months ago #26428 by desngkb
Replied by desngkb on topic Re:Advancing GroupJive
Sorry to share this post, I guess the best advancement is to shape up the invite system. Sometime members has very long or unusual name and it hard to type it in one by one. Would be good if can use pull down member list or select multple members. Best if can choose form connection list.

17 years 4 months ago #26446 by chris81
Replied by chris81 on topic Re:Advancing GroupJive
I agree, the invite option should be better, I already said that its very usefull that you can also invite non members to your group. (the have to register first and afterthat they can join the group)

But the main thing what can be better is to use a WYSIWYG Editor to place messages instead of only text.

17 years 4 months ago #26449 by desngkb
Replied by desngkb on topic Re:Advancing GroupJive
chris81 wrote:

I agree, the invite option should be better, I already said that its very usefull that you can also invite non members to your group. (the have to register first and afterthat they can join the group)

But the main thing what can be better is to use a WYSIWYG Editor to place messages instead of only text.

Hmm..Maybe can try to take a look at the invite component and see if it can be intergrated. I have seen a website whereby one use invite component with plaxo address book importer. If using standard HTML, implementing the plaxo API shouldnt be much difficult..but not in this case.. :lol:

17 years 4 months ago #26459 by Flipsider
Replied by Flipsider on topic Re:Advancing GroupJive
The Problem with that is that most big Sites do not want this... do you want to multi-click from a list over hundreds/thousands of Users? I dont think so, atleast I don't.

But it actually would be a good Idea if a parameter asks if you want to enable/disable it.

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds