GroupJive Development is Back in Action!

15 years 6 months ago #75014 by nant
BoonDocksaint wrote:

But since no one dare to ask, i will :P
When do you expect to release it for 1.5.x?

That groupjive until now only work on 1.0.x is that main reason i can´t use CB -
I realy need to could offer groups for my members and make them manage their groups themselves -

From the front page article we are suppose to be discussing here ...

GroupJive works with J1.0 and J1.5 native and should also work with Mambo (as does the CB Framework)

I really think this is clear - the next groupjive release will be based in CB 1.2 framework and as such it WILL WORK natively with Joomla 1.0.X, Joomla 1.5.X and Mambo CMS systems.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #75067 by denny86
Replied by denny86 on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Why to create component that work on J1.0 and 1.5 too?

If someone is using cb on a 1.0 joomla site, they can use the old version of this components ...

15 years 6 months ago #75068 by BoonDocksaint
Replied by BoonDocksaint on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Obvius... As many people turn over to 1.5.x it has to work with 1.5.x
As i see it, the future belong to 1.5.x and not 1.0.x. It is only a matter of time, before the devellopment of 1.0.x stop. More and more extentions is only develloped for 1.5.x

Best regards

15 years 6 months ago #75069 by BoonDocksaint
nant wrote:

BoonDocksaint wrote:

But since no one dare to ask, i will :P
When do you expect to release it for 1.5.x?

That groupjive until now only work on 1.0.x is that main reason i can´t use CB -
I realy need to could offer groups for my members and make them manage their groups themselves -

From the front page article we are suppose to be discussing here ...

GroupJive works with J1.0 and J1.5 native and should also work with Mambo (as does the CB Framework)

I really think this is clear - the next groupjive release will be based in CB 1.2 framework and as such it WILL WORK natively with Joomla 1.0.X, Joomla 1.5.X and Mambo CMS systems.

Sorry. I didn´t read the article...

15 years 6 months ago #75119 by WebTrooper
Replied by WebTrooper on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Yay for GJ!

But... (there's always a but, right? :whistle: ) what I'm wondering is how easy it will be to upgrade an existing and active community. I'll be keeping a close watch on this (and would gladly play guinea pig with a one of my test sites), and jump on board when when I feel safe making the upgrade on a live site.

This is exciting news. Glad GJ is still breathing. :cheer:

Post edited by: WebTrooper, at: 2008/09/22 04:12

15 years 6 months ago #75153 by BoonDocksaint
WebTrooper wrote:

Yay for GJ!

But... (there's always a but, right? :whistle: ) what I'm wondering is how easy it will be to upgrade an existing and active community. I'll be keeping a close watch on this (and would gladly play guinea pig with a one of my test sites), and jump on board when when I feel safe making the upgrade on a live site.

This is exciting news. Glad GJ is still breathing. :cheer:

Post edited by: WebTrooper, at: 2008/09/22 04:12

Ofcource there is a "but" :P You have to close down your site for some hours, until you have Joomla up running again -
Just make sure you have an SQL person behind you, to make sure you get all data moved right. B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn