change email address auto welcome sends to

14 years 5 months ago #115188 by seb.slater
change email address auto welcome sends to was created by seb.slater
Hello,

I need to specify a static email adress that all AutoWelcome messages go to - ie not the users email address but one that never changes.

Please can someone show me how I do this.

I want the email to go to our SMS provider which will convert the email message (with their mobile number and welcome message) into an SMS that they receive.

Would be very grateful and could pay someone to do it if necessary. It is very urgent.

Thanks a lot,

Seb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #115189 by nant
seb.slater wrote:

Hello,

I need to specify a static email adress that all AutoWelcome messages go to - ie not the users email address but one that never changes.

Please can someone show me how I do this.

I want the email to go to our SMS provider which will convert the email message (with their mobile number and welcome message) into an SMS that they receive.

Would be very grateful and could pay someone to do it if necessary. It is very urgent.

Thanks a lot,

Seb

Make a fake user from CB Uder Management backend.
Add fake user to an admin group that you have specified for CB Moderators (see CB Configuration backend).

This was all welcome messages also go to this fake email address.

Only problem I can think of is that more moderation messages might be sent to this email and I don't know if your application can filter/ignore these.

--

You can of course edit the autowelcome code to CC message to another email address.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/10/26 17:48

14 years 5 months ago #115191 by seb.slater
Replied by seb.slater on topic Re:change email address auto welcome sends to
Thanks very much for your quick reply - I will try this but...

I want to send the password to static email (which then goes to user via SMS). This would then authenticate the mobile number and user but think the password field can not be sent using the moderator email?

14 years 5 months ago #115195 by nant
seb.slater wrote:

Thanks very much for your quick reply - I will try this but...

I want to send the password to static email (which then goes to user via SMS). This would then authenticate the mobile number and user but think the password field can not be sent using the moderator email?

actually, the only way to send the password is to send the actual welcome message to moderators.

14 years 5 months ago #115196 by seb.slater
Replied by seb.slater on topic Re:change email address auto welcome sends to
Sorry - I don't understand what you mean.

Is it possible to send the password in an email to moderator?

Thanks

14 years 5 months ago #115209 by nant
seb.slater wrote:

Sorry - I don't understand what you mean.

Is it possible to send the password in an email to moderator?

Thanks

I assume you want the password generated by the system.
The generated password can only be sent when its first created - from then on its hashed in the database.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn