Only works with manually approved registrations?

17 years 3 months ago #26772 by hopeful
hopeful said above

I did and Jim is selected in the parameters section.<-- But still not working. Hmm could I have put the file in the wrong directory on the server?? LOL

So sorry or being unclear on my last reply. The autowelcome does NOT work with the new php new file you gave me to upload. I have made sure that JIM is selected in the parameters section of the CB Plugins of the My PMS OS and Pro plugin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #26774 by nant
Please do - verify the following:

1. Over-write the pms.mypmspro.php file located in your components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_pms_mypmspro folder with the one found in the zip file in this post.
2. Verify that the PMS MyPMS and Pro plugin is published and that the first parameter is set to Jim 1.0.1 (CB Plugin Management).
3. Verify that you dont have another PMS plugin installed and published (perhaps you had a previous JIM plugin installed and is getting in the way).
4. Verify that the Quickmessage functionality is working (visit a profile on your site and try to send a quickmessage. Verify that its working (login as the other user and test).
5. If all previous steps are ok, then verify that the CB Autowelcome plugin is installed and published and that the parameters are enabled for pms sending.
6. register a new user and login as this new user and see if the autowelcome message came through.

If you still have problems then i need access to take a closer look.

Attachment plug_pms_mypmspro.zip not found

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/12/11 20:34
Attachments:

17 years 3 months ago #26798 by hopeful
OK I pm'd u the info for access to the site. Feel free to fix it and anything else u see that is wrong. My first site--LOL

I know I must be missing something, though I feel I have followed your instructions completely, but I still cant get it to work IF the person registers from the frontend of the site.
Thanks for all your help!

17 years 3 months ago #26799 by nant
hopeful wrote:

OK I pm'd u the info for access to the site. Feel free to fix it and anything else u see that is wrong. My first site--LOL

I know I must be missing something, though I feel I have followed your instructions completely, but I still cant get it to work IF the person registers from the frontend of the site.
Thanks for all your help!

Confirmed - the problem was that all the relevant plugins (My PMS OS & Pro and CBautowelcome) were published for registered access. This means that frontend triggering could not happen because at the time of registration there is no logged in registered user. This is why backend worked - because at the time the admin was logged in!

17 years 3 months ago #26837 by hopeful
I would like to extend my gratitude towards Nant in helping me to get this situation resolved. It works perfectly now! However I am gonna uninstall the JIM pm system and attempt the udde IM install. I am new at this and will read carefully and hopefully get it right!!

This autowelcome is a great tool for admin and Mods of sites! The reduction of work for them will be wonderful.
I appreciate all your timely support.

17 years 2 months ago #29958 by john1000
the attachment is corrupt......
cant unpack...misses 1000 bytes

My soon to be released website.
www.joomla-reviews.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn