Not Working

16 years 7 months ago #44549 by cmathieu
Not Working was created by cmathieu
Hi All,

I have just installed the CB AutoWelcome plugin and it doesn't generate any welcome e-mail when a new user logs in for the first time. I have my my "Require Admin Approval" set to NO and I don't want to have to manually approve users.

CB Ver: 1.02
CB Autowelcome ver: 1.0.3
Joomla Ver: 1.0.12

Is there any way of getting it to work when I have auto approval turned on?? It will be a great plugin if it could.

Thanks
Charles

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44550 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Not Working
works just fine on this site.

autoapprove shouldnt influence it.

first login doesnt trigger it.
new member creation does.

is email notification working on your site?

you need to give more details - this plugin is very stable so your environment-usage is probably involved.

also there is no version 1.0.3 that i know of...

please give much more details about how you came to this conclusion and also upload your profile image on this site (in the future i will be giving higher priority to answer questions to joomlapolis members that have at least updated their profile on this site).

16 years 7 months ago #44551 by cmathieu
Replied by cmathieu on topic Re:Not Working
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I saw the version of the plugin from the php file but if I look at the configuration page of the plugin, it says version 1.0 which I am assuming could be 1.01?? This is from the description part of the plugin:

"Ver. 1.0 (06-Dec-2006) - Sends each newly registered and approved user personalized welcome message(s) via CB supported PMS component and/or Email.
Can also automatically create a connection request to or from a prespecified key user.
Created by Nant - member of the CB Core Team over at joomlapolis.com !
For support forum visit www.joomlapolis.com - there is a dedicated forum area."

Yes, e-mail notification does work fine on my site. As soon as I register a new user, that user will receive an e-mail so I know that works very well but the autowelcome plugin doesn't send any e-mail. I don't require it to send a PMS, just an e-mail. What other settings do I need to turn on??

I am going to update my profile right away ;)

16 years 7 months ago #44554 by cmathieu
Replied by cmathieu on topic Re:Not Working
Nick,

Attached is a screen capture of my current registration settings in Community Builder.

Regards,
Charles

Post edited by: cmathieu, at: 2007/08/31 09:01
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds