Installation file not found:

17 years 11 months ago #10363 by FaShUnPhOtOg
Installation file not found: was created by FaShUnPhOtOg
Ok, I've looked on here and haven't found anything related to this problem so I apologize if it's on here and I missed it.

I'm fairly new to Joomla! and am attempting to install CBuilder1.0RC2unzip1st. I've unzipped the file and have managed to successfully install the comprofiler.zip as a component (after two failed attempts). Now, according to the readme file, I'm supposed to install the cbloginrc2 zip file as a module. When I attempt to use the backend module installer however, I receive the message that the installation file can't be found.

Unzipping the file shows two files: mod_cbloginrc2.xml and mod_cbloginrc2.php and a mod_cbloginrc2 folder containing two images: mail and users. No installation file inside the zip.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using Joomla! 1.0.8.

Thanks for your help.

M.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #10367 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Installation file not found:
Please download the installation giude and the entire package once again and try the entire process from scratch.

17 years 11 months ago #10382 by FaShUnPhOtOg
Replied by FaShUnPhOtOg on topic Re:Installation file not found:
I did that before posting. No difference.

17 years 11 months ago #10392 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Installation file not found:
Please post the exact actions you have taken and the exact message you are seeing.

17 years 11 months ago #10393 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Installation file not found:

mod_cbloginrc2.xml

That is the install file... Please post exact actions as per nant's request -- and we'll sort you out...

17 years 11 months ago #10403 by FaShUnPhOtOg
Replied by FaShUnPhOtOg on topic Re:Installation file not found:
ok, here goes... I log into my backend as super admin and go to installers -> modules since I've already installed comprofiler.zip as a component. In the Upload File area of the Install New Modules section I browse to the directory where the CBuilder1.0RC2unzip folder is and I click on cbloginrc2.zip.

I get the following messages under the install button:
media/ Writeable
administrator/modules/ Writeable
modules/ Writeable

The path loaded into the install from directory textbox is: /var/www/vhosts/bandthreadz.com/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_installer/module

Next, I click on install and get the following message: Upload New Module Error: Installation file not found:
/var/www/vhosts/bandthreadz.com/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_installer/module/

I stop there since I can't get this module installed.

That's where I get stuck.

Thank you for your help,

Mike

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn