Tab issues

18 years 5 months ago #214 by balous
Replied by balous on topic Re:Tab issues
ok, so is it possible to backup my dp, drop those tables, uninstall and reinstall cb, insert the information back into the table back on the available fields. all i want to keep is the members basic information like the and information about that persn. the important tabs were created by me and i am sure that i can recreate them. is that possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #216 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Tab issues
yup its possible - a long and tedious manual process.

good luck.

18 years 5 months ago #224 by balous
Would I have to get the old version of CB or does the new release have the SQL file, so that I can figure out what tables need to be altered?

18 years 5 months ago #235 by Phil_K
Replied by Phil_K on topic Re:Tab issues
Hi.

Well, the process is not so bad at all.
To backup your database first is always a good idea.

What i tested was this:
Installed under joomla 1.0.3 was a version of CBE with CBE included, selfmade function tabs and normal added tabs containing fields.

Backupd DB, uninstalled CBE, installed CB-RC2.
All Data was still there, all fields with their values were still there and useable, same goes for the normal added tabs containing fields.

What was not usable were the functional tabs CBE brings with it. Also some naming of Tabs with _UE_ had to be done, but that belongs to my own changes on language files which can be edited.

Viewing the database, there are now some leftover tables like _mambome_gbook, but to clean up them is easy. Even so it does cost time, but it is better than starting from scratch and doing some database vlaue injections afterwards.

Greets
Phil.

18 years 5 months ago #244 by balous
ok, i see the tabs now and i looked in the language file. i have changed some of the tab language codes to equal the codes in the file. so now the tabs have the correct names according to the language file. the tabs still dont show up. is there something else that i need to place into the tabs?

18 years 5 months ago #256 by balous
Thanks alot Nant, Trail and Phil. I had to mess around with the database for a little while but I figured it out without having to delete tables from the database. Basically in the comprofiler_tabs table in the database there is a row called enhanced_params. For all of the regular tabs it is null. But for the tab that came over with CBE they have records in them. I deleted all the params from every record to make them all empty. Then I located the plugin id number by look at the cid in the plugin management section and insered them according the name. Also if the pluginclass table is empty for that tab, I looked at each plugin php file to get the name of the class (getBlogTab) and filled it in. And with that, I got all of my tabs to work. Now I gotta figure out how to make a plugin so I can get my Zoom pics to show up on the member profile page. :cheer: :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn