Approve updates

16 years 8 months ago #42330 by twoten
Approve updates was created by twoten
I am using CB (great component) on a Dive Club website.

The member/user keeps their own records up to date including their qualifications. What I would like to do is the update send notification to the administration team and require approval.

Can this be done?

Keith.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #42343 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Approve updates
twoten wrote:

I am using CB (great component) on a Dive Club website.

The member/user keeps their own records up to date including their qualifications. What I would like to do is the update send notification to the administration team and require approval.

Can this be done?

Keith.

It can't be done with core CB yet.

But it could be done in a to be developed CB plugin, without hacks in core CB :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #42344 by twoten
Replied by twoten on topic Re:Approve updates
beat wrote:
to be developed CB plugin, without hacks in core CB :)[/quote]

Thanks for the reply

Is 'to be' in the near future?

Keith.

16 years 8 months ago #42407 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Approve updates
twoten wrote:

beat wrote:
to be developed CB plugin, without hacks in core CB :)

Thanks for the reply

Is 'to be' in the near future?

Keith.[/quote]

It will depend on ... you or other interested people, probably... ;)

EDIT: Moving thread to feature requests forum.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2007/08/10 03:10

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #45824 by afurzmom
Replied by afurzmom on topic Re:Approve updates
I would also be interested in having this option. I do the site for a 501(c)(3) nonprofit group, and we're required to keep paper records of our volunteers so we'd like to know when someone's contact information changes so we can update our hard copy records.

I agree CB is GREAT!
Mich

16 years 6 months ago #46283 by dieback
Replied by dieback on topic Re:Approve updates
Hello all
I too would be interested in this feature as part of a site for a scientific research organisation, which wants project leaders to update their specific pages but have a communications director approve and publish the information to their site.
CB at this stage looks like the best bet because edit approval isn't available in Joomla's core.
Judging by the increasing number of topics regarding this (as yet unavailable) feature on many forums, the masses are clamouring for it. Is there anything we can do to assist in the rapid development of said feature?
Loving your work,
dieback.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.802 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn