some user info private, some public

16 years 8 months ago #43018 by bazanaius
some user info private, some public was created by bazanaius
Hi guys,

new to CB, so please bear with me!
I'm trying to use CB to manage users on my swimming and waterpolo site. I can see how I might edit data fields and member lists so I can display rosters for mens waterpolo independantly of whole roster etc. my question comes when someone clicks on the user's name in the list

So, when I click on roster, I want a list of all the members of the club, their team, their age and their college - this should all be available to 'everybody'

I would then like to be able to click on a player, and their profile come up, with picture, favourite moments, food, interests etc. Again, this would be visible by the public

I would however also like contact details to be displayed, only if the viewer is a member. So if I wasn't logged in, I'd see photo favourite food. If I was logged in, I'd also see phone number or email.

Is this possible, maybe by changing the settings of each information field? as I say, I'm a complete newbie, and just not sure how to get this done!

any thoughts?

cheers,

Baz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43315 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:some user info private, some public
CB 1.1 tabs have access levels, just group fields into the right tabs :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn