Trying to see if all this is possible with CB...

16 years 8 months ago #43040 by steshortt
Hey all,

Been looking at the basics but was wondering if someone with much more info on the program than I could say yes or no (or they KNOW how to...) to the features I'm looking for out of CB.

1: People subscribe to have their account on an annual basis (a pretty nominal fee)
2: Users get a unique code (username I guess) which people can search for
3: If someone (unregistered to the site) puts in the username and finds the person they can contact them via the site without publishing any personal details of the user, giving email address, phone number (perhaps) and a message

Is this basic stuff possible? If so I may have more questions for you about slightly more specific items!

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me on this, have an idea for a new project as you may have guessed!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43108 by steshortt
Can anyone help me with this?

16 years 8 months ago #43112 by nant
steshortt wrote:

Hey all,

Been looking at the basics but was wondering if someone with much more info on the program than I could say yes or no (or they KNOW how to...) to the features I'm looking for out of CB.

1: People subscribe to have their account on an annual basis (a pretty nominal fee)
2: Users get a unique code (username I guess) which people can search for
3: If someone (unregistered to the site) puts in the username and finds the person they can contact them via the site without publishing any personal details of the user, giving email address, phone number (perhaps) and a message

Is this basic stuff possible? If so I may have more questions for you about slightly more specific items!

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me on this, have an idea for a new project as you may have guessed!

here it goes ...

1. nothing out of the box. beat's subscription plugin will probably go a long way in this direction - but it's not ready and it won't be free. there are also other components that might help - account expiration control is one.
2. people can search for profiles based on usernames. typically the username is currently assigned-requested by each end-user. you would need a cb plugin developed to assign usernames during registration.
3. as of cb 1.1 you can have public tabs (available for public viewing) and registered tabs (available for registered users viewing). this feature will probably help in what you are trying to do.

hope this gets you started ...

next steps would be to install on a test environment and experiment.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn