Dynamic Lists?

16 years 7 months ago #43148 by dping28
Dynamic Lists? was created by dping28
With the advanced filter is it possible to make a dynamic user list? have it use info from the users profile that is logged in? (ex field1 has action and comedy for selections. User1 picked action when he signed up, when he clicks the user list link have it display all users who picked Action. and when user2 logs in who picked comedy when she clicks that same link gets a list of all users who picked comedy)

If this is possible could someone give me a very basic example of this so I got something to start with to play and figure out. Thanks!

-D

-D

CB Testteam member

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #43200 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Dynamic Lists?
interesting feature ... i dont think that its implemented this way but i can see the posibilities ...

on my list now B)

16 years 7 months ago #43218 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Dynamic Lists?
from my point of view:

ready implemented - try the cb advanced search component :)

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

16 years 7 months ago #43221 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Dynamic Lists?
Krystofiak wrote:

from my point of view:

actually, the concept of dynamic userlists, the way I see it, is much broader and presents many new possibilities.

For example, a userlist can always be personalized to match the registered viewers preferences. So, a list could automatically be personalized to show other members of same gender that live in same country (dating application).

I personally might use this instead of an open advanced search application. My members could fill-out their preferences (as cb fields) in their profiles and then each userlist (I have created - and only those lists I as webadmin want) are automatically - dynamically personalized according to these preferences.

i like it :P

16 years 7 months ago #43224 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Dynamic Lists?
I have a rewritten version of CB userlists which does exactly this (and a lot more). After I get my current project done, I will see if this can be released.

-Mikko

16 years 7 months ago #43278 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Dynamic Lists?
nant wrote:

Krystofiak wrote:

from my point of view:

actually, the concept of dynamic userlists, the way I see it, is much broader and presents many new possibilities.

For example, a userlist can always be personalized to match the registered viewers preferences. So, a list could automatically be personalized to show other members of same gender that live in same country (dating application).

I personally might use this instead of an open advanced search application. My members could fill-out their preferences (as cb fields) in their profiles and then each userlist (I have created - and only those lists I as webadmin want) are automatically - dynamically personalized according to these preferences.

i like it :P

hi nant, mikko,

did i missed something?

is this a upcoming feature or a extension or a ad on by mikko?

that meaning of dynamic sounds interesting, of course :-)

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn