Anyone knows how to make use of CB mod_cbLogin's U

16 years 8 months ago #43599 by minghowe
I have tried using Community Builder's CB Login function to do the registration form for members. It allow new fields to be added to the form, and data will be added into the both Joomla's User Manager and CB's User Manager. Thus, it allow users who sign up using the new CB login function to log into the system upon successfully registration. However, those values from the new fields that have been added to registration form can be only seen in the CB's User Manager(Components > CB > User Manager) but not the Joomla's User Manager. Therefore when a user log in and try to change his details, addtional fields will not be displayed in the details page as the values displayed on the page is retrieve from the Joomla's User Manager.

Anybody know what can i do so that when the user go to change their details page, they will be able to see the additional fields that they have entered during registration? Maybe it is like sort of merging of database or integrate the 2 databases? Someone please help me!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #43603 by nant
minghowe wrote:

I have tried using Community Builder's CB Login function to do the registration form for members. It allow new fields to be added to the form, and data will be added into the both Joomla's User Manager and CB's User Manager. Thus, it allow users who sign up using the new CB login function to log into the system upon successfully registration. However, those values from the new fields that have been added to registration form can be only seen in the CB's User Manager(Components > CB > User Manager) but not the Joomla's User Manager. Therefore when a user log in and try to change his details, addtional fields will not be displayed in the details page as the values displayed on the page is retrieve from the Joomla's User Manager.

Anybody know what can i do so that when the user go to change their details page, they will be able to see the additional fields that they have entered during registration? Maybe it is like sort of merging of database or integrate the 2 databases? Someone please help me!!!!

Once you install CB, you should not use any Joomla native functionality that deals with users.

This means:

1. Backend user management should only be handled by CB User Management - not Joomla User Management.
2. Frontend user management activities should only be handled by CB user profile editing - not joomla details.

You will see that the database integrity is kept and that joomla tables contain all the needed information - CB takes care of this.

This is also described in the PDF installation guide (see Documentation section in downloads area).

16 years 8 months ago #43609 by minghowe
I do not really understand by the point that u mention below?

2. Frontend user management activities should only be handled by CB user profile editing - not joomla details.

So how should i go about using CB user profile editing instead of joomla details?

Hope to get your reply soon. =)

16 years 8 months ago #43610 by minghowe
what i mean at the previous reply is that to access to joomla user management to view the details, we would create a Link-Url with the link,

"index.php?option=com_user&task=UserDetails"

So what would be the link for me to use for CB so that i can allow my users to view and edit their details.

16 years 8 months ago #43615 by nant
minghowe wrote:

what i mean at the previous reply is that to access to joomla user management to view the details, we would create a Link-Url with the link,

"index.php?option=com_user&task=UserDetails"

So what would be the link for me to use for CB so that i can allow my users to view and edit their details.

this url should not be used any more (as i stated).

also, please read the pdf installation guide - these issues are described.

you need to add a link to the comprofiler component that will replicate this joomla functionality.

most of what you are asking has already been addressed in the installation guide (it has pictures) and the readme file in the distribution package.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2007/08/21 13:32

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn