User sync and Template Switching question.

16 years 7 months ago #43690 by syaginf
Greetings. I am new to CB so i hope that those questions are easy to answer.

If i have two separate installations of Community Builder, but want users to be synchronized including profiles (so joomla sync plugins won't work).
Is there a plugin to synchronize users data between two installations?

Is there a way to make site template depend on some variable that is set by users in the begining?
For example - in the begining we give user choice between - black, white and red color. After that based on initial choice the whole site would be colored based on initial choice until use go back and change the color?

Problem is with links that auto generated and won't keep get parameter like stylesheet so stylechanger hack probably won't work.

Thank you for your help and best of luck.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #43699 by mikko
syaginf wrote:

Greetings. I am new to CB so i hope that those questions are easy to answer.

If i have two separate installations of Community Builder, but want users to be synchronized including profiles (so joomla sync plugins won't work).
Is there a plugin to synchronize users data between two installations?

www.elearningforce.biz/administration/synchronizeusers-cb.html

Is there a way to make site template depend on some variable that is set by users in the begining?

Yes. Search for template switcher on the forums.

A couple of demos of template switching:
www.mikkosoft.fi/demo1
www.mikkosoft.fi/demo4

-Mikko

16 years 7 months ago #43738 by syaginf
Replied by syaginf on topic Re:User sync and Template Switching question.

Yes. Search for template switcher on the forums.

Ok. Problem is when i said user I don't mean someone logging on the website.
So let's instead call that person a visitor.
So anyone who go to the site first thing they see is choice of 3 colors, after picking one the whole site! (not only profile) will use that color as template as long as they visit... (So i guess it should be a session variable?)

if there is a way to use template switcher in this case i would want to know how, because so far I don't see how it would apply here.

For example the template switcher that used at templates.joomlateam.com/index.php should do the trick perfectly, but i am not certain if that done also using template switcher plugin or some other component.

Edit: Sorry for being slow but I have found necessary plugin.
Thank you.

Post edited by: syaginf, at: 2007/08/22 18:26

Post edited by: syaginf, at: 2007/08/22 18:31

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn