User profile does not show

16 years 7 months ago #43820 by dcasmr
User profile does not show was created by dcasmr
Hi,

After the initial install, I created a user and CB showed the profile information. I do not know exactly why, but now when I login it does not take me to the user profile.
Any idea on what steps I can take to fix the problem?
thanks

CB Language Workgroup - French

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #43822 by reddevil4
Replied by reddevil4 on topic Re:User profile does not show
Hi there. from what i understand by your question is that you cannot edit your profile at the frontend or during the first login, you are directed to the profile page, but upon subsequence login, you are not directed to the profile page.

for the scenerio of you cannot edit your profile at the frontend, i have also encounter this problem before. first of all, please remember to refer to the readme.txt that come with the CB. refer to step 8 of the readme.

8) Add a new user menu item for the comprofiler component
(this will be the users profile page).
For this, go to menu -> user menu, click New, select component,
then Community Builder (com_comprofiler), give a name and save.

this would create a link in the usermenu where user can access to it to update their profile.

OR

as for the next scenerio, upon the first login, you are directed to the profile page becuase it is preset when you install CB. refer to Component > CB > Configuration > Registration tab. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will notice a field that say "URL for First Login Visit". the value for the fields is "index.php?option=com_comprofiler" which is the link to the profile page. therefore it would link you to the profile page on first login and thus therefore will not redirect you to the profile page upon subsequence login.

as for how to make it always redirect to the profile page you have to wait for other user to help you as i am not very sure too.

Hope my reply would enable you to solve your problem. =)

Post edited by: reddevil4, at: 2007/08/23 11:04

16 years 7 months ago #43848 by dcasmr
Replied by dcasmr on topic Re:User profile does not show
Thanks for your reply and detailed explanations. My problem is Option 2. I created the menu and a user.
At first login it shows the profile, but not subsequent logins.

16 years 7 months ago #43849 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:User profile does not show
dcasmr wrote:

Thanks for your reply and detailed explanations. My problem is Option 2. I created the menu and a user.
At first login it shows the profile, but not subsequent logins.

if you want users to be taken to their profiles upon user login you need to set the appropriate parameter in the cb login module.

16 years 7 months ago #43854 by dcasmr
Replied by dcasmr on topic Re:User profile does not show
Hi Nick,

I went to CB login module and edited it so that I can set the parameter, however, I do not
see a field that I can change there about subsequent logins.
I am missing something?

Thanks-
dcasmr

16 years 7 months ago #43876 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:User profile does not show
dcasmr wrote:

Hi Nick,

I went to CB login module and edited it so that I can set the parameter, however, I do not
see a field that I can change there about subsequent logins.
I am missing something?

Thanks-
dcasmr

in the cb login module, i see a parameter field setting called 'login redirection url', do you?

this url should be set to do what you want.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn