Help with Profile configurations

16 years 7 months ago #44096 by dcasmr
Help with Profile configurations was created by dcasmr
Hi,

I have the latest doc by Nick which is very handy to help me understand things and set up CB faster.
My problem is that although I added cb plugins like Last Visit, Forums, etc. and published them, including editing them to ensure the properties are setup properly, I can't get them to show on user profile tab.

So far, what I have that is showing are:
Articles - Blog - Additional - InfoConnexions -CB Profile Gallery - Profile Book

I also would like to put on top of profile, Message and Moderation tab. I am missing something?
One thing I noticed is that the position of those tabs ththat are not shown is not tabmain, but rather Head. Could it be due to that? If so, where to make the changes?

Thanks

Post edited by: dcasmr, at: 2007/08/26 00:18

Post edited by: dcasmr, at: 2007/08/26 02:17

CB Language Workgroup - French

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44114 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Help with Profile configurations
dcasmr wrote:

Hi,

I have the latest doc by Nick which is very handy to help me understand things and set up CB faster.

Cool - thanks for supporting the CB Team by subscribing to the documentation service - also extra happy that you found it useful.

My problem is that although I added cb plugins like Last Visit, Forums, etc. and published them, including editing them to ensure the properties are setup properly, I can't get them to show on user profile tab.

There is a forum plugin/tab included in the core CB distribution. Did you install something else?

Last visit tab will show up on your profile if some other user has visited your profile. Maybe you should test logging on as some other user and visiting your profile - see if something shows up afterwards.

I also would like to put on top of profile, Message and Moderation tab. I am missing something?

Don't understand what you want here - please explain.

One thing I noticed is that the position of those tabs ththat are not shown is not tabmain, but rather Head. Could it be due to that? If so, where to make the changes?

Tab positioning should influence if a tab appears or not. You can change the position of a tab by editing it in the tab management area (also explained in the detailed doc).

Thanks

Your welcome!

16 years 7 months ago #44146 by dcasmr
Replied by dcasmr on topic Re:Help with Profile configurations
Thanks for your reply. I found out how to setup the Personal Info tab by reading the information in the latest document. I had previous tought that it was just something I could switch on or off by reading an incorrect thread.

Thanks the document I was able to setup most of the tabs in the user profile and now understand how to add new tabs and fields. Thanks for writing such a handy doc.

For forum plugin I had to download something for fireboard and it works now.

When you look at CB team profiles, there is a message and moderation tab on top of the profile. That's what I am referring to. I will want to setup something similar.

Many thanks

CB Language Workgroup - French

16 years 7 months ago #44149 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Help with Profile configurations
dcasmr wrote:

When you look at CB team profiles, there is a message and moderation tab on top of the profile. That's what I am referring to. I will want to setup something similar.

Many thanks

The message Menu (not a tab) you get if you have installed a PMS component (see nice extra bonus document about this).

The Moderation Menu (not a tab) is something that appears when moderators are viewing user profiles. You need to have moderation turned on (see CB Configuration also can read doc).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn