Problem with Remember me in CB login

16 years 1 month ago #57557 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
Looks like a bug in legacy plugin of joomla 1.5.1. Because problem seems fixed in CB 1.2 native upcoming, without having changed anything related. Tripple-checked that... :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #57692 by galloe123
Replied by galloe123 on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
It's astonishing to me that a bug like this has not totally been fixed yet.

Why?

It's a bloody annoying bug.

I have Joomla 1.013 and CB 1.1 and I'm using Fireboard and Uddim PM system in conjunction with Joomla and CB.

My members pay to get in my site and I have a incredible amount of support tickets logged because of this issue.

"Why can't I log in?"
"Login issue problems"

bla bla bla bla

I'm getting sick of it.

It's so damn corny. I have to tell my customers before hand to remember to tick the "remember me" box otherwise they cannot log in. That's just not professional.

I need some quick assistance here.

Anybody, including a developer...can you assist me with a fix for this??

Or maybe a quick coding fix that will HIDE the "remember me" box but automatically enable it in the code????

I would really appreciate this you have no idea.
Karma will pay you back for your help :)

Post edited by: galloe123, at: 2008/02/27 15:21

16 years 1 month ago #57696 by mperdue
Replied by mperdue on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
So, how long until 1.2 is available?

Mario

16 years 1 month ago #57984 by daa
Replied by daa on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
p999 wrote:

All is not going well. I have upgraded my test site to Joomla 1.5 RC2, and mod_cblogin appears to be plain broke. Again, if I unplublish the CB login, and publish mod_login everything works as it should.

Here’s the error:
Type username and password, click [remember me] and then click [Login]. I get a 404, page could not found error. The URL it’s looking at is
[code:1]http://localhost/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1[/code:1]The error detail reports “Article #0 not found”

I have installed the Joomla files twice, and performed the sql import. It’s running on my PC, so there are no directory permission problems to worry about.

If I subsequently go to http://localhost, I’m logged in, and everything is fine. However, the remember me still doesn’t work – if I quit the browser, and launch it again, I’m logged out.

[Edit]
I can see the problem with the URL. It differs from the home link by these extra characters "amp;".
Here's the URL that works: http://localhost/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

Post edited by: p999, at: 2007/09/05 15:27

Post edited by: p999, at: 2007/09/05 15:28

I have the same problem, using J1.5 stable and CB1.1 I log in and the first time (after registration) I get the profile page, but the next time I log in I get the 404.
This very crude hack has permitted me to continue with CB but it does sometimes take me to the splash page on the public root rather than to joomla front page (the flash page is set for 8 seconds I'll have to reduce it to make it bearable!
OK the hack I repeat it is crude but returns a page (either the root splach page or joomla front)
mod_cblogin line 161

change from

$logout = "index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1";

to

$logout = "index.php";

forgot to add, clear the cache or you will not see any difference!!!!

DAA

Post edited by: daa, at: 2008/03/01 19:33

16 years 1 week ago #61160 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
galloe123 wrote:

It's astonishing to me that a bug like this has not totally been fixed yet.

Why?

It's a bloody annoying bug.

I have Joomla 1.013 and CB 1.1 and I'm using Fireboard and Uddim PM system in conjunction with Joomla and CB.

My members pay to get in my site and I have a incredible amount of support tickets logged because of this issue.

"Why can't I log in?"
"Login issue problems"

bla bla bla bla

I'm getting sick of it.

It's so damn corny. I have to tell my customers before hand to remember to tick the "remember me" box otherwise they cannot log in. That's just not professional.

I need some quick assistance here.

Anybody, including a developer...can you assist me with a fix for this??

Or maybe a quick coding fix that will HIDE the "remember me" box but automatically enable it in the code????

I would really appreciate this you have no idea.
Karma will pay you back for your help :)

Post edited by: galloe123, at: 2008/02/27 15:21

Great! Your customers pay for your community which is running community builder and you do not have some bucks for subscription to support the CB devs (which get this bug sorted out even faster). No, you instead blame the CB devs for free open source software :blink: . Sorry but this does not help anyone.

If you want the Remember me box checked by default, check out your mod_cblogin settings. All of the requested settings above has been built in since at least CB 1.0.2 afair.

Greets,
Andy

Post edited by: ndee, at: 2008/04/17 21:06

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 11 months ago #61582 by alonebfg
Replied by alonebfg on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login

p999 wrote:
click [Login]. I get a 404, page could not found error. The URL it’s looking at is
[code:1]http://localhost/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1[/code:1]

I get this issue as well and it is not the Joomla login as it has only started since I installed CB it seems to add &amp but it happens on login not logout I have got around it same as you directing to http://localhost

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn