Problem with Remember me in CB login

15 years 5 months ago #78617 by AJStevens
Replied by AJStevens on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
So I can see looking through this thread.

I am quite surprised, it's a major flaw, but FEENDISH's code seems to have helped others, and has made some improvement, but it's not affected the Fireboard.

Anyone else have a fireboard? Are users still guests in that even though the cb panel on the left is now ok (thanks to FEENDISH)?

Yeah I'm not keen on paying for an RC, they should pay us to beta test it, I'm not all that confident it will completely fix the problem, it's something that should be fixed in the current version, it's not some odd feature, it's a major part of it not working correctly.

I was hoping someone might have a fix or idea for the fireboard.

Post edited by: AJStevens, at: 2008/10/30 21:41

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #78624 by Swiftek
Replied by Swiftek on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
The Fireboard issue is the same as the Joomla front-end, meaning that you ARE actually signed in, but it does not show as such until you click something.

Since I implemented FEENDISH's fix, I've not had any complaints or performance issues on any of my sites, so it's kind of a non-issue.

From what I've been told, the problem is actually caused by the combination of CB 1.1 and the Joomla 1.5 Legacy plugin. However, I agree that either the Joomla folks or the CB folks (or both) should put their heads together and fix it. It must be effecting lots of people.

That doesn't change the fact that CB should pay us to test the 1.2 beta. There is a lot of complaints about this and the longer they wait to allow non-paying users to try it, the less loyalty they will have.

I've already started using a different setup on my newer sites that I'm beginning to like better and is still 100% free. Feel free to ask me more about this setup. I'm happy to pass along what I know.

Got Tech?

15 years 5 months ago #78626 by belserg
Replied by belserg on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
Swiftek wrote:

I've already started using a different setup on my newer sites that I'm beginning to like better and is still 100% free. Feel free to ask me more about this setup. I'm happy to pass along what I know.

Ok, so what's your idea of a nice setup? :)

I'm using Joomla 1.0.15 + CB 1.1 + SMF forum 1.1.6 + Joomla-SMF 2.0.2 and I would really like to get rid of this pesky login problem.

15 years 5 months ago #78627 by Swiftek
:blink:
belsberg,

Refusing to upgrade to Joomla 1.5 :laugh: is absurd and makes absolutely no sense.

The time and energy you have spent here asking how to get around it is more than it would have taken to do your upgrade.

Even if you ever do manage to fix the problem you have (which has nothing to do with the issue in this thread), your insistence on running outdated software guarantees that you will continue to have more and more problems as time goes by.

There is NO other option.:whistle:

Got Tech?

15 years 5 months ago #78628 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
AJStevens wrote:

I have this issue too, and have used FEENDISH's code.

I have seen an improvement, the lefthand user profile area stays logged in now, however if in the FireBoard forums, it still goes back to Guest, after a refresh then users are logged back in again.

Obviously FEENDISH's code is on the right lines, but the FireBoard must be storing or using a different value or mechanism that also needs accounting for in this code?

Can anyone help?

We're using Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.1.

Fireboard does it's own sessions management, and needs a double reload to re-authenticate the user in its sessions....it's like that since simpleBoard... even on this forum, when you click on forum it reloads the page....

As this server is highly optimized, you barely see the reload, but on slower servers you would notice.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 5 months ago #78632 by Swiftek
AJStevens wrote:

I was hoping someone might have a fix or idea for the fireboard.

Has anyone tried inserting FEENDISH's code at the top of the Fireboard template index file? Is there even such a file?

I thought I would throw this out before I go off and try it myself. I will certainly report back here once I've tried it.

Got Tech?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn