Problem with Remember me in CB login

15 years 5 months ago #78840 by aspicasso
Replied by aspicasso on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
:) :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #78944 by AJStevens
Replied by AJStevens on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
That's a lot of help :huh:

Anyway, I've inserted some debugging for fireboard, I'll see what the results are in 20 mins.

15 years 5 months ago #78946 by AJStevens
hmm.. as I suspected...

fireboard section returns $my->id as 0 whereas the top of the page (where FEENDISH's code is) returns an actual id number for $my->id.

Hence... logically, fireboard must load first, and build joomla around it, the template code is called afterwards, rather odd and not what one would expect.

You could probably put in FEENDISH's code in fireboard too, since from what I've seen fireboard uses it alot ($my->id that is), but I'd rather find the optimum location for the code to affect side wide.

But basically, I've provied it is the $my->id being 0 for fireboard that's the problem, same as for the cblogin.

15 years 5 months ago #78954 by AJStevens
Right, this is interesting, legacy's $GLOBALS is not the same as $my.

Also, $GLOBALS->id (and gid/aid jsut to be sure) are blank empty too after a refresh.

But, they shouldn't be, they're using the Jfactory to get the user information...

Can anyone point me to a thread on the joomla site, as I'm finding it difficult to search on there.

Update: Oh well, I've made my own:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=473&t=340557&p=1470965

Be interesting to see what Joomla say, the more I investigate, it has to be said, this does appear to be a legacy plugin issue.

Post edited by: AJStevens, at: 2008/11/04 16:50

15 years 5 months ago #79029 by AJStevens
While I was waiting for some help from Jomola, I tried Feendish's code in the fireboard, and it seemed to mess up the main manu, loosing some options.

So, back to working out the problem with sessions, timeouts, and needing two refreshes...

I might investigate the remember me part, come at it from a different angle. Logically, I'd imagine a remember me to deposit a non expiring cookie, and when a session times out it should check for this cookie and restart or make a new session and load the user ID from the cookie.

15 years 5 months ago #79364 by belserg
Replied by belserg on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
Swiftek wrote:

Regarding upgrading:
OH, Come on:ohmy: !! The upgrade from Joomla 1.0 to 1.5 is simplicity itself! Refusing to do so is CRAZY, and anyone who doesn't deserves what they get!

Would you walk everywhere you go because learning to drive a car is too much trouble?

Would you please quit suggesting to upgrade to Joomla 1.5. Yes, it is simple. Yes, I have tried and upgrade itself was successful, along other things. Yes, Joomla 1.5 is more advanced. BUT, we are not talking about some homepage here, we are not talking about a blog or a 3rd level domain site with 2 extensions one of which is a photogallery of your family you want to share with your 3 friends. We are talking about big and serious Joomla 1.0 based community production site, existing for serveral years now, which, together with a set of added extensions is not ready to move to Joomla 1.5 just yet. I have tested upgrading to Joomla 1.5 along with present extensions, not many of them can follow upgrade process, no scripts were simply created by the authors to do that (yet?). Many extensions that are stated to support both 1.0 and 1.5 DO NOT support 1.5 fully just yet, being laggy. Trust me, I've been there. Yes, Joomla goes forward with 1.5 and I keep my fingers crossed it will become better and better. Users with simple demands can already upgrade to 1.5 and be happy with it. Users with more serious sites and a bit higher demands cannot upgrade to Joomla 1.5 just yet. I'm not the only one in that. So, PLEASE, stop your persistent blabbering about upgrading and concentrate on the existing problem. :kiss:

Besides, the problem you and I are discussing, AJ, does NOT effect Joomla 1.0, period. belsberg's issue has NOTHING to do with this thread. I really don't understand why he keeps posting here. It's been explained several times.

I've read through the whole topic twice. Maybe I'm retarded, or can't read between the lines or didn't understand the technical data that was posted. Anyhow, I would be grateful if you could summarize what I need to do to fix "remember me" problem that exists for me (except upgrading to Joomla 1.5). Will it be fixed if I upgrade from CB 1.1 to CB 1.2 RC3? Sorry for bothering with this if the answer was prviously given, I sincerely did not get it.. :unsure:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn