Problem with Remember me in CB login

15 years 5 months ago #79395 by AJStevens
Replied by AJStevens on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
belserg wrote:

Upon refreshing, it does not help, the site does not remember you and login form is diplayed, EVEN THOUGH your username is shown in CB's who's online module as being present at the site.

belserg, the issue we're discussing is where a refresh does then show you as logged in. We want to remove the need for a refresh.

It sounds as though your remember me is not working at all, all I can suggest is to make sure it's enabled/published in the modules/plugins section if it's visible there (I believe it shows up as a seperate module in the later Joomla 1.0 versions).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #79408 by Swiftek
Replied by Swiftek on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
belserg wrote:

we are not talking about some homepage here, we are not talking about a blog or a 3rd level domain site with 2 extensions one of which is a photogallery of your family you want to share with your 3 friends. We are talking about big and serious Joomla 1.0 based community production site, existing for serveral years now

:laugh: Oh yea? Well my website can beat-up your website! Are you suggesting that YOUR site is more important than anyone other?:angry:

If you are truly serious about your work, you will face the facts and do what is necessary.
docs.joomla.org/Top_10_Stupidest_Administrator_Tricks

I'd recommend that you stop speaking publicly about your refusal to upgrade. You don't want to draw even more attention from possible attackers who may read this forum.

I'm sorry that I have not been much help:blush: . I mean that. Good luck to you.

Got Tech?

15 years 5 months ago #79478 by AJStevens
Swiftek and belserg, there's valid points for keeping up to date, and there's the obviously problems in being able to (with all the components, modules etc.). You're both right, I don't think you should argue it anymore.

Regarding this issue, I've logged it with Joomla, and if I get a resolution, I shall post it here.

belserg, your issue seems slightly different in that remember me does not work at all, and you're on 1.0 native, we're using 1.5 with legacy. I would search online along the lines "remember me does not work". Does it work if using normal Joomla login and not CB? You should probably start your own thread a new and see what response you get.

15 years 5 months ago #79480 by AJStevens
haha, yes this site does do a auto-refresh, because if you take a while to write your post, it posts it, refresh and submits it again = double post.

Great fix that....

15 years 5 months ago #79535 by Swiftek
Replied by Swiftek on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
:ohmy: BURN!! :sick: "AUTO-WASH" (Fifth Element reference) B)

AJ, I do appreciate your efforts to be the peacemaker here. I'm sorry if I come off like a hard-ass. However... I must strongly disagree.

People (in general) that refuse to stay up to date are vulnerable to attack. These attacks then allow the attackers access to more systems to attack others. It goes on and on and on.

If lazy boneheads (in general) didn't come to ridiculous conclusions based on rumor and incorrect assumptions and then refuse to update and secure their stuff, the problems we see on the internet would be much, MUCH smaller. It's not just a matter of personal preference. It's a matter of public policy and safety. Like keeping the brakes maintained on your car. You don't want to slide into some old lady pushing a baby carriage; do you?

Do it for your members! Do it for the rest of us! Just do it.

Got Tech?

15 years 5 months ago #79982 by belserg
Replied by belserg on topic Re:Problem with Remember me in CB login
AJStevens, I'm using CB login module and it is set to "Remember-me checkox: Hide checked". I've googled this problem, have read forums, but did not find the solution so far.

Swiftek, I appreciate your concern about security of my site. You are doing a good thing by recommending people to upgrade to the last versions. I promise you and I will upgrade to Joomla 1.5 as soon as I figure out how to transfer other [at least essential] extensions to Joomla 1.5 as well. It will require some work and amounts of time which I do not currently have. So currently, for the visitors of my site not to experience further inconvenience, I wonder if there's a solution for CB login module's "Remember me" feature's issue on Joomla 1.0.15

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn