Joomla 1.5 gmail login and CB

16 years 2 months ago #56529 by glaster
Joomla 1.5 gmail login and CB was created by glaster
Hi,
I am testing Joomla 1.5 with gmail login, and out of the box CB is not recognizing the gmail login.
The gmail user gets populated to the CB database, but it does not receive the proper permissions if you don't click Synchronize Users in CB.
Even after synchronizing users, CB can not login gmail users.
Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #58574 by rkhare
Replied by rkhare on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 gmail login and CB
any progress glaster? even i want to intergrate gapps partner edition on my site, this will give access to gmail and other gapps features to my users?
any idea, if i can smoothly integrate gmail authentication with CH?

16 years 1 month ago #58594 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 gmail login and CB
Would be interested if you could try and report back your findings with that solution which works with LDAP: maybe it works with gmail as well ?

temporary solution here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,57849/catid,43/limit,6/limitstart,6/

Upcoming CB 1.2 will integrate this at least.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 1 month ago #59227 by rkhare
Replied by rkhare on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 gmail login and CB
is there anyway we can use SAML ( code.google.com/apis/apps/sso/saml_reference_implementation.html ) with CB?

Post edited by: rkhare, at: 2008/03/18 19:12

15 years 7 months ago #72897 by omarseverino
Replied by omarseverino on topic Integration Google Apps + CB
Google Apps + CB -

Is anyone working on integrating Google Apps with CB ?

The objective is to authenticate your CB user database against Google Apps accounts.

Google published their API and also an opensource Provisioning Tool-Kit:

code.google.com/p/google-apps-pr ... ng-toolkit

PROJECT OVERVIEW
The objective of the Open Source Google Apps Provisioning Toolkit is to provide a browser-based interface for creating and updating user accounts in Google Apps. It also happens to be very fast at provisioning accounts - averaging 20 account creations per second.
The toolkit can be configured to address two common use cases:
Bulk provisioning or updating user accounts from information stored in a CSV, LDAP, or SQL data source. Providing a web page where users can self-register with Google Apps, after optionally first authenticating against an existing user data store (e.g. SAML-based SSO, LDAP, or SQL). Learn more in the Readme or view a brief presentation. Available for download in both .zip and VMware image formats.
Discuss this project with others in the Google Group.

15 years 5 months ago #77811 by omarseverino
Replied by omarseverino on topic Re:Joomla 1.5 gmail login and CB
Hello !

It has been several months already and no solution to integrating Joomla + CB + Google Apps.

Have you heard if anybody is working or willing to merge resources in order to pay for the integration as a team effort ?

Omar

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.502 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn