User names cannot have spaces...

15 years 6 months ago #74874 by en_shua
Replied by en_shua on topic Re:User names cannot have spaces...
I read something last week or so that told me that it was an issue with Joomla 1.5 in Legacy mode. I've been told that this username and space issue goes away with SMF 1.2 RC2 since it is Native supported. I have not tried it myself.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #84774 by bzcoder
Replied by bzcoder on topic Re:User names cannot have spaces...
I don't know if people are still having this issue. Checking it, I found that both CB 1.1 and Joomla are perfectly content to accept any charectors in a username - however the CB frontend has a javascript check that only allows a-z0-9 when running under Joomla.

It is a fairly simple change to make, however you have to decide what exactly you want to allow for userids and passwords, as currently they are both limited to the same thing.

To fix it, you must edit comprofiler.html.php in 3 places[3 different potential times it is checked] and you will also need to fix default_language.php to change the error message.

I'm working out the regex I need for my own system, once I have the code worked out I can post it here if others are still looking to make this change.

To find the code, search for var r = new RegExp

You want to change the FIRST regexp in each of the 3 blocks[where joomla version is 1] - and this rule will apply to passwords and userids.

If you want to have different rules, than you need to and an a second regex creationg[var r2=...] and then change the r.exec for either the password or the username to r2.exec depending on which set of rules your using for r2.

15 years 3 months ago #84839 by Josh Lewis
Replied by Josh Lewis on topic Re:User names cannot have spaces...
Before it was'nt fixed.. but ever since the new update to cb 1.2, the user name space works just fine! :)

14 years 10 months ago #101111 by ProvaStyle
Replied by ProvaStyle on topic Re:User names cannot have spaces...
What do you mean by the user name space works just fine in CB 1.2? I'm using CB 1.2 & my users can register with a space. It causes problems with other parts of my site, so I need to find a way to force usernames to have no spaces or characters.

Has there been any resolution on this? I hear some saying it's a Joomla issue, but if the registration form is a CB form, it wouldn't matter what Joomla allows if CB restricts it to letters & numbers only.

14 years 10 months ago #101114 by Josh Lewis
Replied by Josh Lewis on topic Re:User names cannot have spaces...
If you notice this topic is in cb 1.1 ..... now its fine now that I use cb 1.2. ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn