Help: "Add a Field" not working...

15 years 2 months ago #87918 by threedeenut
Help: "Add a Field" not working... was created by threedeenut
Hey guys... I am having a problem that appears to be a bug but the fact that I can't seem to find anyone else having this problem makes me worry I am just being a dumb noob. I am using CB1.2 (Stable i think). I love this app, it does a lot of what I need but, adding values has daunted me for many hours now and I cant seem to find a solution.

he problem is this... I go "Community Builder > Field Manager" then add a new field. I fill in the fields with the values I need and select the type "drop down single select (though this doesn't change no matter what type i choose....). All this so far works fine and excellent. When I hit "Add a Value", absolutely nothing happens. I try adding different iinformation into the field below the button but still the button does nothing. It appears my computer just simply does not like the button whatsoever. Like its just a grahic or something, no action occurs that I can see. Obviously adding values to a dropdown list is kind of mandatory so I am just completely lost as to what to do. I need this to work... any help here?

Thanks so much to anyone willing to give me a hand.

p.s. - How does one a) check for their current version (stable, rc2-3-4 etc) and b) where does one get the updates rc's?

Post edited by: threedeenut, at: 2009/02/06 15:42
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87923 by threedeenut
Replied by threedeenut on topic Re:Help: "Add a Field" not working...
When looking at the source code of this i noticed the following...

<input type=button id="insertrow" value="Add a Value" />

... shouldnt the button be surrounded by quotes? like this...

<input type="button" id="insertrow" value="Add a Value" />

not at all sure if that is the problem but maybe? Going to try and edit the file myself and see how it goes...

Post edited by: threedeenut, at: 2009/02/06 16:17

15 years 2 months ago #87927 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Help: "Add a Field" not working...
Your values should be typed in the box under the part you have circled, where it says "Name". You've already created one field and just need to type the name you want. Then hit "Add a field" to insert another, etc etc. If you still have problems, it's recommended to upgrade to CB 1.2 stable, as all known bugs were worked out for both Joomla 1.0 and 1.5 users.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/02/06 17:36

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 2 months ago #87932 by threedeenut
Sorry topic should be "add a value"... i can add the field, not the values. The values never add. for some reason when i hit add value at the bottom, it just does nothing. If stuff is in the field below there or not. Hitting "add a value" simply put does nothing at all.

15 years 2 months ago #87950 by threedeenut
Hrm... Several buttons appear to not work properly...

Ok, this is strange... Several of the buttons on the system are not functioning properly. The "add a value" button in field manager still does not work and all of the buttons in the list manager don't work either.

This seems to be a system wide plague. Anything using the button class appearingly just dont respond. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I installed this now on 2 of my joomla sites and it is the same case on both site instances. Is it possible there is a server problem? It is the only comonality i can think of.

Any help here please?

15 years 2 months ago #87957 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Help: "Add a Field" not working...
You're going to run into all kinds of problems by using either PHP4 or CB versions prior to CB 1.2 Stable. Make sure both are updated and post the results in the CB 1.2 Discussion area if you still have problems.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn