Help: "Add a Field" not working...

15 years 2 months ago #88219 by naudts
Replied by naudts on topic Re:Help: "Add a Field" not working...
I have the same problem. I cannot add values to checkboxes or radio buttons or drop-downs. The first value I can fill in and it appears in the profile. But clicking 'add a value' has no effect at all. I am using php 5.1.2 and Joomla! 1.5.9.

PHP Built on: Linux srvwn 2.6.16.54-0.2.5-smp #1 SMP Mon Jan 21 13:29:51 UTC 2008 x86_64
Database Version: 5.0.26
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.1.2
Web Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Linux/SUSE)
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.9 Production/Stable [ Vatani ] 9-January-2009 23:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008121300 SUSE/3.0.5-0.1 Firefox/3.0.5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #89139 by mfred
Replied by mfred on topic Re:Help: "Add a Field" not working...
exactly the same error here. Using 1.2 stable version, the "Add a value" button has no effect (I tried Checkbox, Radio and Dropdown option) you can only fill in the 1 given row but not add rows.

br,
mfred

15 years 2 months ago #89146 by naudts
Replied by naudts on topic Re:Help: "Add a Field" not working...
I made some progress. I installed everything on a more recent computer with php5.2 instead of php5.1.2 and now it works as it should be. Looks as if it is a problem of PHP.
Jan

15 years 2 weeks ago #93282 by jonfoote
Replied by jonfoote on topic Re:Help: "Add a Field" not working...
did anyone find a fix for this as I am having the same problem. I am also having problems when trying to go to the next page of Fields, the same things happens. I press the button but it does nothing. Is this a Joomla issue rather than CB, either way, would love to know what is going on

15 years 2 weeks ago #93283 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Help:
jonfoote wrote:

did anyone find a fix for this as I am having the same problem. I am also having problems when trying to go to the next page of Fields, the same things happens. I press the button but it does nothing. Is this a Joomla issue rather than CB, either way, would love to know what is going on

If you have CB 1.2 installed you need PHP 5.

14 years 11 months ago #99144 by glassparman
Replied by glassparman on topic Re:Help: "Add a Field" not working...
I have the same problem on a Yahoo server. I can't add a new field. Is there a way to add them manualy using phpMyAdmin once the multi-select item is saved?

Also, what would having PHP 4.3.11 cause problems with that would stop major functionality?

If PHP 5 is a must, (sorry for all the questions) who can recommend a GOOD, WELL KNOWN, REASONABLY PRICED service provider? I've stuck with Yahoo because of their increbibly cheap price for hosting, disk space and usage.

FreeBSD 4.11
PHP Version: 4.3.11
Web Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
Joomla! 1.5.10 Production/Stable
Community Builder 1.2 Stable

Thanks in advance for the help.
Michael

Post edited by: glassparman, at: 2009/05/18 20:55

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn