Build User Groups into Community Builder

14 years 11 months ago #98287 by k8FisherCIM
Build User Groups into Community Builder was created by k8FisherCIM
Hi Im looking for a means to create a structure of groups for users within the B2B community website Im looking to build. Id like to users to assign themselves to one group or another and allow the list of groups and users there under to be viewable like a list. E.g. I have suppliers who would be members of the community, we would like them to converse with one another through forums. We would also like visitors to the site to be able to peruse the directory of suppliers (users) to find out which of them might be able to offer services they are looking for.

So far I bought "CB Profile Resume with Groups and Discussions" Im having some problems configuring the interface to sit within my template though, so wondering whether there are alternate means to replicate this sort of functionality within Community Builder / Joomla? Maybe create my own user group types and then install forum software.

Has anyone done this sort of thing? Does this sound plausible? Any thoughts welcome.

Many thanks

Kate Fisher:S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98291 by nant
GroupJive component works nicely with CB 1.2 stable.

14 years 11 months ago #98293 by k8FisherCIM
Replied by k8FisherCIM on topic Re:Build User Groups into Community Builder
Thank you for the recommendation, Im checking out their site now. Your a life saver *crosses everything* in hopes this will sort my quandry. :) *fingers crossed*

Kate

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn